I

EDITED

Twelve Years Later

"COURT dismissed." The judge said and got up from his seat and left the courtroom

"Another case won. Well done." Katherine's best friend, Sam, congratulated her as Katherine packed up her things.

"Thank you."

They were making their way out of the,now empty, courtroom when Tim Daniels, the prosecutor and Katherine's supposed arch nemesis stopped them.

"You just got lucky Katherine. I will beat you in the next case." He warned which made Katherine laugh.

"You have been singing the same tune for the last five cases and still I have won every single case. I think you should give up." Katherine said with a smile.

"You shouldn't boast so much you fucking bitch. I will make sure those criminals go back behind bars." Tim said angrily.

"Calm down Timmy. Do you need to blow off some steam?" Katherine asked as she placed her bags on a bench, stood behind Tim and started messaging his shoulders. "Maybe you can go fuck your wife or even better, your mistress." She suggested and felt Tim stiffen.

"What are you talking about?" He asked nervously.

"I won't tell Tim. I promise." Katherine promised him before placing her finger on her mouth and made a 'shh' sound.

"How do you know he's cheating?" Sam asked as they left a dumbfounded Tom in the courtroom.

"That perfume he stinks of, defiantly not his wife's."

"She could have just changed perfumes." Suggested Sam.

"I saw her two days ago and she was wearing a different perfume. The perfume she has been wearing for all the years I have known her. No woman changes perfumes that quickly."

"But Kat."

"Do you remember Denise?"

"The receptionist at the police station?" Sam asked as they stood outside the courthouse.

"Yep. Guess what she does for a living on the side?" Katherine asked and Sam shrugged."She makes perfumes. I saw her yesterday, when I went to see my other client, and I smelt the perfume she had on. I asked her what it was called and she told me that it was her newest perfumes so she doesn't have a name for it yet. Most importantly, Denise said it was still in the testing phase so she is the only one who is wearing it. The perfume I smelt on her is the exact same one Tom stinks of." She explained

"Maybe Tom was trying out new perfumes?"

"Don't be silly. Let's get going or you will get home late and I know you have an important date night with Dave." Katherine said, referring to Sam's boyfriend.

They got into Katherine's car and she drove off.

"Who does this belong to?" Sam asked as she showed Katherine a red tie she found in between the car seat.

"Hey! We looked for that for hours. Where'd you find it?" Katherine asked with a big grin on her face.

"In between the car seat. Does it belong to one of your many one night stands? Did you have sex in the car?" Sam asked with her face scrunched up in disgust.