~Chapter 11~

Second-last chapter :o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter 11~

            I ran my fingers along all of the tattoos on his bare chest. I’ve grown to learn that each of them have some sort of significance to him; some sort of story. Whether it’s a drunken antic or a tribute.

            “What are you doing?” His tired voice asked as his eyes slowly opened and he wrapped his arms around me.

            “Nothing,” I sighed.

            This time it was Mike’s phone that rang on the bedside table. He groaned and grabbed it. “Hello?” He paused, letting the person on the other end speak. “Are you serious? I thought we were staying for another week?” Pause. “I totally forgot... ok.”

            “What was that?” I asked, worried as he hung up and carelessly threw his phone back on the table.

            “I have to go back to San Diego in two days,” he said with a sigh. “There’s a tour starting soon and we have to get ready for it.”

            “What would you think of me being your own personal groupie?” I joked, finally sitting up cross-legged with the sheets still covering me. I laughed at his face; it was as if he was actually thinking about that as a possibility.

            “Well... we might be able to fit in the same bed...” he said with a smirk.

            I laughed again. “I’m pretty sure your band members would hate me forever.”

            “But I bring groupies onto the bus all the time!”

            “Gee, that’s nice to know!” I slapped his chest and he laughed.

            “I’m sure out of all of the things I do to them on tour, bringing you wouldn’t be the worst of it.”

            I sighed. “Maybe you should ask them for permission first.”

            “Hey! I’m the second oldest and my brother is the lead singer. I should be able to do anything I want,” he countered, sounding like a five-year-old begging to go to a sleepover at his friend’s house.

            “Ok, whatever you say, Michael,” I teased, getting out of bed and putting my housecoat on.

            “I’m just going to sleep now,” he said, burying himself under the covers with only his eyes showing.

            “Oh no you aren’t,” I said sternly, pulling the cover off of him and straddling his legs.

            “And how are you going to stop me?” He asked with a smirk.

            “I have my ways,” I said, my hands hovering over the tie of my housecoat.

I found myself cuddling with Mike again when my phone started to ring. I didn’t bother looking at the caller ID because odds are it was Stephanie and I was too tired to open my eyes anyways.

            “It’s James.” My brothers voice sounded very depressed on the end of the line.

            “What happened?” I immediately asked.

            “Stephanie took dad off life support.”

            “What?!” I shot out of bed, suddenly getting dizzy.

            “Apparently since they’re technically married, she was the one who decided about any medical expenses,” he explained. His voice was started to sound weaker, like he was going to start crying.

            “How the hell is that possible? We’re his kids for god’s sake!”

            “Isabelle, do me a favour. Don’t waste your time being mad at Stephanie. Our father just died, the least you can do you remember him and the legacy he left behind.”

            “Just... when do he even go on life support? I just saw him yesterday and he was fine.” I didn’t understand why I was so out of the loop with this entire fucking family.

            “I guess the cancer spread and he slipped into a coma after going into cardiac arrest. Stephanie didn’t waste any time. She probably didn’t want to go through the pain of never knowing if he was ever going to wake up.”

            “Bullshit.”

I barged into the stupid mansion. I walked around the corner and saw Stephanie sitting on the couch watching TV.

            “Why the hell did you do that to my dad?” I yelled.

            “Oh, it’s nice to see you again, Isabelle. I guess you heard about that tragic death. The story’s simple... your father had a lot of money and when he died, all of the money went to me. So in the end you and your siblings will probably go broke and I’ll be living the life,” she explained with a dirty smirk on her face.

            “You know you won’t get away with this. You can’t do anything until his will is read,” I sneered.

            “Honey, he adored me. I’m absolutely positive that he gave everything to me.”

            “We’ll see about that.”