05

Where are you?

Why do we have company...?

Macen is here???

He won't leave Luan...

Hello??

Where the fuck are you?

-A

I rub my head and crane my neck out of the pocket of George's and I's arms. My legs feel cramped up as I out stretch them across his lap. He tilts his head up from the slumped position. Warmth is all over my skin but my muscles were stuck. His hands roam from my legs up to my waist trying to hold me up in his lap.

Seriously call me. I'm worried!

-A

"Fuck." I mutter and swipe my phone from the couch pillows. George wines when I move away and sleepily pulls me back into his chest. I sigh and check that Amber was being a total nightmare to me. I forgot about Macen all night and she just reminded me...

I realized I had to go home at some point. George brushes his nose against my cheek then lightly kisses enough to make barely no noise. The living room was silent, cold although I still had his jacket on from last night. Morning sun is blocked off by the closed curtains. George stares at me as I reply telling her I would be home soon. My hair is a knotted mess.

"You don't have to leave right away, right?" The sound in his voice is disappointing. He sounded so sad and I felt pity. I didn't want to leave either. I wanted to be around him all the time. I shake my head for an answer. Knowing Macen he won't leave for quite some time so I was sure at least some more time could spare. My phone is placed face down and I curl back into his arms. We stayed like this just quietly enjoying each other's presence. With my ear pressed to his chest I could hear his heart beating rapidly fast in an abnormal way. Did I do that to him? "Hey Luan?" I lift my head to look at him. "What the hell are we?"

My lips part and I look back down at out hands twined with each other. What were we? The thought ponders on my mind for awhile while I chew on my lip. "Depends on what you want us to be." My eyes now direct to him, a confused look painted his perfect features. He cups my face and kisses me tenderly while a wave of butterflies flock into my stomach.

He keeps his hands on my cheeks and smiles. "Lemme take you on a date and we can decide from there, yeah?" We both nod. "Tonight? 8 o'clock on the spot. Wear something cute." I get off him to let him up. We both maneuver from the living room to the kitchen.

Matty comes downstairs with his signature knee ripped skinnies and no shirt exposing ink on his chest. He doesn't seem phased that I'm still here. Instead he gives me a sweaty hug and high fives George after raiding the pantry. He takes a seat at the table and cracks open a bag of crisps. "So Luana what do you for a living?"

"Right now getting my degree in cosmetology and working at a pizza parlor downtown. Yourself?" I sit across from him while George gets me a glass of water.

"Well George and I don't go to school. He works for a bookstore and I work at a tattoo shop." He crams some crisps in his mouth.

"Neat. Do you do a lot of art?"

"Yeah. Hundreds." Matty shakes his head and chuckles a little. George hands me water and sits down with us. He moves close to me, close enough to grasp one of my hands under the table. I smile to myself.

I face George. "A book store really? Do you like to read a lot?" My face was inches from his so he heard my peppy tone say it. He closed his eyes for a singular moment to think. His grip tightened only slightly.