6: Damn Aunt Danielle

Start from the beginning

Aunt Dani nodded and went toward her room leaving me in silence in the kitchen.

Then the doorbell rang and I instantly knew who it was. For the past week, every day about 3-4 times, the 10 year old neighbors ding-dong-ditch our house. Little bitches. When I go to the front door, I hear Aunt Dani shouting, "That's right! Run you little bastards. Get hit by a car, I won't care!" I run there and see this 5'4" woman with a large pump-action shot gun.

"Oh my god."

"Oh hush, Ryan. It isn't loaded, nothing to worry about," she said casually putting it down next to the front door.

"How the hell did you get a shotgun?!"

"Easy. My cousin, Reese, came to visit me yesterday while you were out. I told her about our little situation and she brought this bad boy over this morning. It's her son's, Jackson's."

I just stood there unsure of what to say except, "Damn."

"And it was right by the door when you got here. I'm surprised you didn't notice. Maybe you're going blind like me," she joked with a smile. She turned with her blind walking stick and left to her room. I look at the gun then at her leaving figure already at the end of the hall. I shake my head again and pull out my phone after it vibrated.

From: Waters-bitch

Ryan, babe, come over. I need you here.

I rolled my eyes, not responding. I block her number instead. I tend to do it when I'm in a mood or she pissed me off. And yeah, today she pissed me off. Bitch.

I looked for Kyle's number nd called him. But with no answer. I tried it again, still going to his voicemail. I sighed then resorted to my back up, Parker. I called him and her answered by the third ring. "Hey, Park."

"Hey, Ryan! I was just thinking of calling you actually."

"Really, huh?"

"Yep."

"Do you happen to know where Kyle is?"

"When he dropped me off he said he had to go to the sports shop. Apparently needed some things there."

I nodded, "Okay. And the reason you were going to call me was because..?"

"I was thinking of another party. My parents are out of town for the rest of the week on business trips. Then Tyler is out with his study group."

"Study group? It's the first week of school. What the fuck is he studying for?"

"SATs and ACTs. Apparently someone got perfect scores and he's pissed because he almost did."

"Damn that kid needs to chill out," I shake my head, thinking of my SAT scores. I did okay I guess, an 1800 is pretty good I think. Kyle got a 1900. He's always been a little smarter. I think Parker said he just passed though.

"I know! So yeah. The house will be empty for tonight. Wanna join?"

"Yeah, but when Marina comes try and have everyone else keep her the fuck away from me."

"Got it dude! Come over now and help me get ready." We hang up and as I'm about to leave I look down at my clothes. Blood was still on them. Going to a party like this would be great wouldn't it? I go to my room and undress. I get a brown leather jacket, red flannel, dark jeans, and my Timberland boots. "Yeah, that's a bit better. I go to Aunt Dani's door and knock on it hard. "Going out, see you later."

"Okay, kiddo, don't do anything stupid!"

"No promises!" I joked as I left.

He lived close by, only a block and a half away. I smiled a bit when his house came into view. He had a large Federal style brick house. In front, it was all red brick, white window trim, black shingles, black roof and seven fireplace chimneys standing up. I walk up to the heavy white wooden door then enter into the foyer, opening up to two stairs that connected to one at the top. I love his house, it's seriously amazing.