"Not even one?"

"Well, there are the occasional disputes, but nothing too severe that made me want to throw yet another outburst." I teased, referring to the orange juice accident.

Jasper chuckled, "That's good to hear, just as long as you two are getting along."

"That we are." I murmured, sitting up as I turned my head, offering him a warm smile "It's actually quite nice."

"Yeah?" he teased, "Just a simple discussion about boundaries, and here you two are being able to restrain yourselves from biting each others' heads off."

"And it was all because of you." I noted, earning myself a lighthearted laugh from him as I stood up "Do you want some lemonade?"

"Sure, I have been feeling quite thirsty because of the heat."

I stood up just as Evan walked in on us, trousers on as the upper part of his body had been left exposed to the eye, causing me to halt in my steps as I let my eyes thoroughly... examine the sight before me.

He stopped in his tracks as well to shoot me a cunning grin "It's rude to stare."

"If lewdly, that is."

"You're basically having second base with me just with your eyes."

I snickered, immediately averting my gaze (unfortunately) as I walked past him.

"Should I be concerned?"

I paused as I turned around to look at him "About what?"

"About the fact you're much more intimate with my best friend than you've ever been with me," he remarked, though in context sounding quite playful, I'm not really sure "Me, your fiance."

I was the one to grin deviously this time "Green doesn't look good on you."

He could only scoff in response, "I'm not jealous."

"Who said you were?" I deadpanned "I meant the trousers."

It was only my luck that day that he was for a matter of fact, wearing a pair of green pool shorts.

* * *

So far, those are the events that have happened ever since I started hanging out with Jasper. Even though we have grown ridiculously close, it was still a distinct habit of mine to be vigilant of possible threatening occurrences that might happen.

Although Jasper has proven not only to me that he was more than worthy to be trusted, you can never really know who'll eventually rat you out whenever they please. I just didn't think it would be someone I wouldn't have expected to do such a thing.

Of course, every consequence has a line of pattern to it. Why it was received, who was the one provoked, and why the instigator decided to choose the punishment given. All anticipated consequences have a root cause, they aren't necessarily delivered just for kicks and giggles.

Even though deep in my subconscious I knew Evan was gonna be the one to drag us both to our awaited downfall, I still couldn't find it in myself to digest the idea of it.

Mainly because I noticed him improving and becoming more trustworthy ever since we've gotten pretty close. Which yes, we have.

It started the day my friendship with Jasper started flourishing, and Evan being Evan, decided that it was his time to intervene with his unsolicited opinions.