Part thirteen

He smiled softly at me.
He pulled me into a hug.
It felt like the first time we hugged, when I really needed it.
I fell into him and he kept me on my feet.
A huge wind crept into the room and around us. I shivered from the sudden cold.
Phoenix held me tighter and eventually, lifted me off my feet.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and let him carry me.
I just wanted his embrace only right now.
I gradually accepted Phoenix's love again.
He comforted me, and I felt the need to speak.
"Nox told me that I can embrace..now."
We were in his room by then and he set me down.
"No! You need to be trained at least! Don't listen to them, you don't have to right now."
I sat on the edge of his bed, he sat right next to me and threw his arm around me.
"I'm not using you, if you really think I am, then you're free to leave. I don't want you to think something that is false and feel the burden to deal with it. But even if you do leave, I still love you. And you're still my soul mate."
"I love you.. I don't want to leave!" I said.
"Then you don't have to." He said kissing my cheek.
I just stayed quiet, enjoying him here with me. Someone actually cares about me.
"How about we go out and get some lunch? It's one thirty already."
"But isn't it a bad storm? Wouldn't stores be closed?"
"It's not at its full peak, it's just a thunderstorm now. Restaurants are open so maybe you'd like to go on a date? Yanno, get your mind off of everything."
"Oh okay! That sounds pretty cool. What should I wear though?"
"I would tell you to wear that dress but you might be better off with something casual."
"Okay"
He leaned over and gave me a short, gentle kiss.
He got up and left the room to give me some privacy.
I took out my jeans and crop top from a drawer along with my female undies.
I placed everything in the bathroom which was also connected to his room.
I ran out to tell Phoenix "I'm gonna go shower okay?"
He replied "okay! The towels are underneath the sink and toothbrushes in the cupboard."
"Oh okay thanks!"
I went back and started my shower.
I made sure to lock the door and first I brushed my teeth, then I undressed to get in the hot shower.
The water was hot as it trickled down my back. I started to sense Phoenix's presence after a while.
What would it be like if Phoenix was here with-wait what?!?!
No no no I am not going to think about that right now!
I pushed the thoughts aside, or at least I tried to.
I hurried up so i don't have to deal with it.
I got out and changed. This bathroom was actually pretty big. It was really nice.
I stepped out of the room and went to get some socks on.
Phoenix was on the sofa, he looked really tired too.
I sorta ran towards him and I snuggled myself next to him.
"You look reallyyy tired Phoenix" I said.
"Oh I'm okay. Ready to go?" He asked
"Yup!"
I put on the sweater I came here with and he wore some leather jacket.
Damn, he looked hot damn.
He gently took my hand this time and led me out, to the elevator thank god!!
"This thing... Takes... Forever" he said and we walked in.
By the time we walked out of the building, majority of the Winds have ceased and it was only drizzling.
"Wow, that's cool" I said staring up at the sky.
He chuckled, "how about some pizza?"
"Okayy! Wait let me just call my parents so they know I'm not dead or anything"
I took out my phone as we were walking, with Phoenix holding the umbrella over us.
"Hello?" I heard my mom say.
"Hi mother!!"
"Are you okay?"
"Yes I'm okay!! Phoenix is just taking me out for some pizza okay?"
"Please be careful. Your father spoke to him I believe. May I?"
"Oh um sure!"
I passed the phone to Phoenix and whispered to him.
"That's my mom, she wants to speak to you."
He mouthed an 'okay' to me.
"Hi Mrs. Tamayo, this is Phoenix"
"Hi Phoenix, how are you?"
"Oh I'm good and you?"
This casual conversation is boring..
"I'm good too, now listen. I'm trusting you to not hurt gabby in any way. But if you do, we will find out. And thank you for everything you're doing for her."
"I understand. And you're welcome, she's no trouble at all Mrs. Tamayo!" He actually sounded convincing.
"Okay thank you Phoenix. Would you be able to have her over for... For until the storm is over? If you can't we'll find a way to pick her up or a family member."
"Oh no! It's okay! No need for any trouble. Ashley told me all about her and it's perfectly fine if she stays over for a few more days. I'm not busy or anything."
He said meaningfully.
"Okay, thank you so much!"
"You're welcome!"
"Bye!"
"Bye."
And that conversation was over.
By the time he was done, we were at the pizza place.
"Well, I think I convinced your mother." He said sarcastically. "Now, how long should I have this storm for?" He asked while holding the door open for me and closing the umbrella.
I walked in and smiled sweetly "As long as you'd like"
"Perfect." He grinned and walked in himself.
We sat down at a small table for two and then I thought... Is this my first date?
Wait what!
No just for pizza, because I'm hungry.. Pizza..
"I guess we can consider this our first date" he grinned toothily, obviously reading me.
I sat up-straight and looked him in the eyes and smiled.
Then the waitress came.