Part twleve

I jerked awake. My eyes open and adrenaline flowing through my veins.
A pair of arms tightened around me.
I let out a breath knowing Phoenix was with me.
My back was against his chest, and I snuggled into him more.
I tried going back to sleep but I just couldn't.
I turned around so I could face him.
He looked so cute asleep.
I traveled my hand up his chest to get to his hair.
His beautiful hair.
I ran my fingers through it a few times before I heard a loud noise.
Loud noises.
Someone was banging on the door.
I put up my walls and slipped out of Phoenix's hold and tiptoed towards the door.
"We know you're in there Phoenix!!" Lincoln I think.
"Cmon dude just come out so we don't have to break the door." Who was that? The other guy... I forgot his name... Err umm Spence!! That was Spence!
I ran into the bedroom and shook Phoenix a bit causing him to roll over to face me with sleepy eyes.
"Phoenix Lincoln and I think it's Spence is at the door." I told him quietly
He yawned "open the door say hi and act like a complete idiot like you have zero clue what they're talking about."
"Make a plan b please!!" I pleaded.
"Ok I will I will just go!!" He said
I went to the door and did the casual "who is it?"
"This is Lincoln and Spencer." Lincoln said
"I think you have the wrong apartment" I said
"Open the door" he said
I complied.
"I don't know who you're looking for?"
I asked.
"Phoenix." They both said flatly.
"Phoenix? I don't own no birds, guys."
"And what may your name be?" Lincoln asked sweetly, changing the subject.

Ahhh shitaki mushrooms.

"My name is.. Alyssa" I answered but I stuttered shoot.
"Nice to meet you Alyssa. Now if I recall the nice lady downstairs told me that this place belongs to a man named Phoenix. Not a girl named Alyssa." He said trying to shut me down.
"Oh her? She always gets them messed up! But this is my home and I ask you to leave now please, I'm busy."
"Spence, I sense him. Go." Was all Lincoln said.
To my surprise that teen named spence grabbed ahold of me and Lincoln busted into the apartment.
Spence at least had the manners to close the door while I was In his grip.
"Let go of me!!" I screamed
If Phoenix was still sleeping that would just be like wow. Just wow.
I elbowed him in the gut and he recoiled giving me time to stumbled forward and fall.
I quickly got back up, "Lincoln what the hell do you think you are doing!"
"None of your business... Gabriella."
Shitttttttttttttt.
Spence attempted to grab me again but I dodged it? How? What? I can't do that though!
Thank God Phoenix gave me that quick training.
I couldn't fight though, and that was a problem.
Spence ran at me trying to grab me again, and I let him think he could.
I moved away quickly when he was about to grab me and hit him across his back.
"Er sorry." I said.
I used to do that in basketball, but I wouldn't hit the person.
While he stumbled to the ground I ran after Lincoln, who was now searching the kitchen.
Before I could lay a hand on him, he spun around quickly and grabbed one of my wrists.
"Let go of me!!" I yelled, struggling to pull away.
"Where is he?" He asked, no he didn't ask, he commanded.
"None of your business." I said in reply.
He gripped my wrist tighter, making me let out a sound of hurt.
"Phoenix! I know you're here! You know what I can do, and I'm sure you wouldn't want me to hurt your precious little girlfriend!"
Adrenaline rushed through me.
What?!
He's grigori right? Surely he wouldn't hurt someone ready to embrace?!?
I wasn't sure what to do, so I stayed stagnant.
I gathered a little courage and tried to slip out of his hold, but then he pressed me towards his chest, much more tightly.
"Well you're a pretty little girl.." He said louder than needed.
I was trying to hope that he wouldn't hurt me.
"Then maybe you can let me go.." I asked, hoping.
"Ah I'm sorry I can't do that dear, not until your little friend comes out."
I didn't know what to say to that.
"Tell me, did you like your night with him? I mean surely you did, he's just playing with your head! He doesn't love you! He's using you to get what he wants, to fill a void and to gain more power. Think about it. You, the most powerful grigori. In the hands of an exile with seductively empath powers."
Damn.
I stopped fighting and realized how much sense that made.
Tears just started coming, it was silently hurting me.
But... That couldn't be true.
My mood obviously dropped tremendously.
I felt his grip go away completely. But I stood in that same place.
There was obviously fighting behind me. After a few minutes, it fell silent.
A pair of arms wrapped around me, and his chest breathed heavily.
"None of that is true." He said in my ear.
"I will always love you" he said again.
I wrapped my arms on his and held on to him.
His heart was racing! What the hell did Lincoln do??
Then Lincoln spoke again.
" Phoenix we really need you on this mission and if you want to take her then so be it! But when she gets killed, her blood is on your hands!" And with that he and spence left.
After a few minutes of silence, he turned me around so I can face him.
My face was stained with tears.