Part eight

"Hello?" He said into the phone as Cooly as possible.
I couldn't hear Lincoln.
"What do you want?" Phoenix grunted.
I walked around him so I could face him.
He just gave me a stern look like to go.
"Well I'm busy right now" he said into the phone.
"With what? Screwing over your girlfriend?" I certain heard that.
I swear I lost all the sanity I had in that moment. I snatched the phone from Phoenix's hand and took a step back.
"Hello? Who the hell is this?" I said
"None of your business, now give the phone back."
"Oh right Lincoln so who the hell are you again? I mean like who the hell do you think you were speaking to?"
"Not you" he said flatly
"Gabby give back the phone." Phoenix tried to grab it back but I moved away.
"Why do you need Phoenix now?" I asked
"None of your business"
"It is my business excuse you, he's not leaving until I know what's happening"
I was so angry I felt adrenaline rush to just meet this guy and slap him across the face.
I felt Phoenix's hand across my back and I shivered.
"Listen kid, you aren't even a grigori yet, and you have no right to speak to me like this. Now give the phone back to your little boyfriend."
I sorta laughed "wow you're funny, well sir, my LITTLE boyfriend is gonna kick your ass"
"Really? I'd like to see him try." He replied
"It's also funny how you think you're so strong and ish but you need Phoenix's help."
"This is an important matter which is none of your business."
Phoenix started gliding his hand up and down my back. I couldn't focus like this! I was trying to diss this guy on the phone and he is just...why?
"It... It is my business!"
"How so? You are not a grigori nor an exile"
"Because it just is and you have no right to know why either... So now why do you need Phoenix so urgently?" I tried my best to stay calm.
"Because he has to lead a force against a strong exile group."
"Aw too bad you can't do it yourself."
"Just pass the phone to him!" He yelled.
When I turned around to see Phoenix, he was grinning, but I couldn't tell why.
He took the phone out of my hand and held it far away from the both of us. He leaned down to my ear.
He whispered "please help me stay calm."
Then he moved his head away and put the phone to his ear. He wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head against his chest, also listening to the conversation.
"Yes Lincoln?" He started
"Phoenix grab hold of that stupid girlfriend of yours! She isn't grigori and she could get in a lot of trouble! You need to be more aware of your priorities and responsibilities."
I tensed waiting for his reply.
"Lincoln, you of all people can know that I can take your soul mate  away from you right now if I wished. Now please, I will not be coming to lead YOUR army, I have to take care of her right now, we've already encountered one exile who tried to kill her now I have to protect her as you feel the same way about Violet."
And Phoenix hung up.
The phone rang again but he ended it quickly. He shut off his phone and put it in his pocket.
Then, he fully embraced me.
"Thank you.." He said in some type of relief.
I was honesty confused "for what?"
"For helping me.. Stay calm"
"Oh you're welcome."
He laughed a bit "cmon, let's go eat"
I giggled and I ran back to the table as soon as he released me.
We both finished our plates and he took them away to wash.
I just went into the living room to lay down on the sofa. I was tired, since I kept on waking up a few times last night.
My eyes started to close and I stayed half asleep for a few minutes. That was until Phoenix sat down besides me.
He obviously wanted to lay down next to me but I was too lazy to actually move.
I couldn't tell if he was sending me emotion or not, but I wanted him to lay down next to me and just hold me. 
It was probably mine.
"Cmon move over!" He whined.
I made some muffled sound, still too lazy to move. He pushed me to my side so he could lay himself next to me on the edge of the sofa.
I made another muffled sound. Trying to get him away, but I really wanted him to  hold me.
"Cmon!" He complained "work with me here!"
"Ughhhhh!" I muffled
"Come're" he said wrapping his arms around me.
I let out a breath. All the tension went away and I was actually relaxed.
I moved over a bit so he could actually lay down and not fall off.
He followed with me and tightened his grip around me.
"Phoenix yanno, I need to breath air too" I said like I couldn't breath.
He loosened his grip a bit and I felt his breath on my neck.
Ah sh.t I'm screwed.
He placed a soft warm kiss on my neck and I couldn't hold back blushing.
He chuckled and just laid there, next to me on the sofa.
"Would it not be more convenient to," he cleared his throat "go into my room?"
I wasn't sure what exactly he was implying but either way I was fine on this sofa.
"Oh um no it's okay, we can just stay here"
He didn't like my response I could tell.
"It might be better for you to lay down on the bed.." He said trying to persuade me.
"Oh no it's okay!" I said trying not to sound nervous.
He gripped me a little tighter and quickly pinned me down.
"What the hell!" I yelled.
He just smiled and held my wrists above my head with one hand as he sat on top of me.
"Phoenix are you serious?!?!"
"..Yes" he said smiling.