Month 4 "Telling the family"

"Hey Amy and Ty, want to join us for a lunch?" Lou asked as we parked the car, Ty helped me get out while my hands were on my belly. As soon as we were out he placed a supportive hand on my stomach.

"Why do you want us to join?" I shouted to Lou, looking her in the eye.

She avoided my gaze, "No reason."

We all know the reason, right? You don't, come on! Anyway it is because she wants to know the gender......... or genders in our case.

"Sure we'll come, just let us tidy up a bit at home and we'll be over," I replied.

We whizzed on over to our home, and we were back in a jiffy.

I walked through the door, Lou greeted us with a smile, "Hey 'parents' Georgie's setting the table and I'm bringing through the meal it shouldn't be long now. You guys can sit."

"Lou you don't need to treat us as guests, I used to come here every night," I replied.

"Yeah," She answered, picking up a pot of potatoes, "But you're pregnant and Ty he has been hauling you around all day, he's been working real hard."

"I don't need to be hauled, I could do it all on my own," I reminded her, a little bit too angrily. I can take care of myself, even when Lou was pregnant she said that.

"Oh Sorry, that didn't come out the way I meant it to. Anyway, do you want to take a seat?" Lou asked, apologetically.

"Yeah," I replied putting my hand on the babies,  lovingly,"I'd love to."

After saying a quick prayer to the Lord, we all sat down and began to talk.

"So Ty how has the partnership going for you? Have you made any decisions?" Lou asked, all business-like, I can barely understand what she is talking about.

"Well Scott and I are thinking of the plans to open a new clinic," He replied, " We plan on it being near the other side of Hudson, but we just need to find a suitable building, well at least that is what I got from Scott and his Business talk."

"So any other findings?" Lou asked hinting at the obvious, she was so anxious to find out the genders.

"Well, no actually," Ty stated, telling the truth about the company.

"Okay! I've been dropping hints like crazy!" She exclaimed as she stood up, her arms flaring out, though not from anger but from exctiment and enthrillment, "What is the Baby's gender?"

"Baby," I replied, "Or Babies"

"What!" Lou exclaimed, emotions flooding her face. Realizement rushed through her face, " twins!"

"Yea!" Ty exclaimed, with a plastered grin across his face.

"No way!" Tim stated, giving Ty a congratulatory man-hug, all mixed together with a high-five.

"Oh Amy! " Lou gasped, giving Me a huge hug, squeezing my insides.

"Lou," I gasped, panting for air "I can't breathe!"

"Oh!" She exasperated, "I'm sorry Amy. Are they alright?"

"Well actually I'm eating for three so a good meal would go a long way!" I replied stroking my hungry tummy. Where was food when you needed it?

"Alright who wants seconds?" Lou yelled, and hands started flaring up.

I looked over at my husband, who was laughing along with Dad and grandpa. I looked over at Georgie who smiled at Katie, and I looked at Lou who was holding my hand with a smile. I'm glad we told the family.