INKY☪20 ☪ Hermit

A/N: Hey guys~! It's been a while~

Please don't hate me, it's been super busy and I didn't really have any inspiration since a lot of you don't like Vellena. But, this chapter is pretty long, and Chapter 21 will spin back to Agelas and Killua. It... probably will take a while to write that too =w=

Whelp.

Enjoy!

|::|

After an unsettling tea session with the Sues, Vellena and Kurapika go along with them in order to seek the [Nen Master] that Haru spoke of.

[Vellena]

We've been trekking in the swamps for nearly a week now; I say trekking, but it's only really Haru and Kurapika walking.

I was floating a few centimeters above the muck, and Mary had somehow charmed Kurapika into piggy-backing her. She's such a sweet kid.

I scanned the area ahead, and sighed.

"Haru, are you sure this is the right direction?"

Haru looked up from the muddy map that he was clutching tightly in his right fist.

"Yes."

"Let me see that." Kurapika grumbled, and tried to snatch the map away, but Haru danced away from him. It would've been fine, but we were in a muddy swamp, so Haru fell over sideways and splashed mud all over Kurapika; the map landed and sunk into the mud.

No one tried to pick it up. I sighed; those two fought way too much. I saw a clearing overhead, and decided to go ahead and set up camp.

"Kurapika, pass me the tents and stuff, I saw a clearing up ahead."

Carefully, to not jostle a napping Mary, Kurapika shifted the bag around his body and handed it up to me. I took the brown satchel and flew off, landing with a dignified humph on solid ground.

I had to try very hard to resist the urge to roll around.

Kukuku... Kenshin suddenly appeared now that we were alone. My right eye was emitting a orangey-red glow. So, did you decide to ditch them after all? He asked me with a sneer as his claws gripped onto my pupil ever more; I started to see red, and leaned against the trunk of a tree for support.

Can you go away? I asked the fox in my mind, to which I only received a chuckle and the swish of a tail. Annoyed, I tried to push against his control on me, but it was futile. When I blinked again, everything was bathed in blood, and the corpses of Kurapika and Haru taunted me from the trees, from the ground; everywhere I looked, death haunted me.

"Vellena?" I heard someone called out; another blink, and Kenshin was gone.

"What do you want?" I snapped, trying to hide how scared I was feeling right now.

"Uh, well, I think we found the place." Haru said with a smug grin as he pointed at a path that was a meter to the right.

"Good for you." I hissed, then stalked off deeper into the forest. I was furious, how dare he, a lowly mortal, tell me what to do? I was Kenshin, the great fox spirit of fire, and he dares to tell me where we are?

I felt something throb on my cheek, and I realized that Haru had slapped me. I blinked, trying to rid my head of the haze that Kenshin submerged me in.

"Hey~ When'd you get here?" I asked brightly. Haru's expression worried me, but I decided not to ask - I didn't have a right to, after I left them like that.

"A while ago." Haru replied, and ruffled my hair. "Let's go, we should find Mori soon."

Suddenly, I saw a figure in the corner of my eye; I turned around, and it was gone. I spun around, and there it was again, right behind me. The figure gave a cackle, and leap onto the nearest tree - he failed, and crashed back onto the ground.