Chapter 1: Pretty...Boy?

"He's an intruder," a voice says. "He even has the looks for it."

"An intruder that only wanted to drop off your school uniform," the other argued. "You judge too harsh, Jun."

Kuroo's head still throbs from earlier's events — but even an attempt to recall it caused him more pain. At least, the couch beneath him is soft, almost sinking him in.It's comfortable, but...

This is not his couch.

This is not his house.

"Look, he's waking up." The girl says. Kuroo blinks several times to focus onto his surroundings, groaning as he attempted to sit up from the couch. When his gaze clears up, he sees several people — a girl who was still in her junior high sailor uniform, the toddler he saved earlier, a curious four year old boy, and what seemed to be the eldest of them all: a boy with the snake wrapped around his arm, petting it with his two fingers.

Kuroo despised snakes.

"I'm surprised you woke up within the hour. That was one meaty hit with the frying pan to, right Jun?" She turned to Jun, who kept distance and nodded quietly.

"God... Where am I again?" Kuroo puts his head down and presses a hand to his face. "And who are you guys?"

The girl smiles and shakes his hand with a firm grip eagerly. "I'm Mika! Grade seven. Nice to meet you... Uh -?"

"Kuroo," he answers.

"Yes!" She gestures to Jun, whose apathetic expression did not waver. How impolite. The ugly, thick framed eyeglasses prevented Kuroo from actually sharing eye contact with the person. "And this is Ju -"

"That's enough." Jun says, cutting off Mika. With a sigh, he settled down the snake back on the floor and finally speaks to Kuroo properly. Jun helps Kuroo up from the couch and leads him to the front door, much to Mika's dismay. "Sorry about what happened today, hopefully this will be enough of compensation for the trouble."

Jun gestures Kuroo to stay in place as he grabs a small white box from the living room table and hands it to him. One last time, Jun closes the door with just a small inch before saying one last thing. "And uh — thanks for bringing the uniform... I will see you around I guess."

The door closes in front of Tetsurou before he could manage a reply. He peeks inside the box to see a slice of apple pie, very similar to Lucy's Cakes.

Huh.

-*-

"Kuroo! What an interesting name, right?" Mika says to Jun. The two siblings are at Jun's room, while the older is changing at the walk in closet to try on the new uniform.

"I suppose," the other answers shortly.

"Eh? You don't seem very enthusiastic about the public high school idea..." Mika frowns. "Isn't it fun? You get to meet new people, enjoy life, join club activities — it's so much more exciting!"

"I suppose." The other replies again.

"Mou, you're so boring. Imagine all the possibilities! You'll meet so many guys... Maybe even find the one..."

At this, Jun scoffs. "You're ridiculous."

"Come on! You gotta admit you look pretty. Even Yuuma-san said so too."

The sound of shuffling from the closet halts to a stop. "...Yuuma-sensei said that?"

"Mhmm. He made me swear not to tell you though. Since he's your tutor and all." She said. "But that's not the point! Even someone as handsome as Yuuma-san thinks you're pretty! You gotta at least think your looks are above average."

It's true — Jun did have quite an image. With soft, fair skin and intricate features, it's no surprise that Jun is considered pretty. Jun also has a small frame, with a small beauty mark just where the jawline and the tip of the right ear meet. With thick-framed glasses, they tend to get in the way of eyes, but without them they are at a deep shade of blue, eyelashes long and delicate. If only Jun's hair was long like it was before, soft and black, but it had been cut short for several reasons. But overall, Jun is pretty — there's no denying it.

However, with such a bland personality, it sorta ruins it all.

"You are a very pretty girl, Jun. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise."

"Wow, thanks." Jun replies. "Even a brat like you can show some sympathy sometimes."

"Whatever. Come out already! I wanna see you in the school uniform." She ushers her over, sitting up on her bed with great anticipation as Jun steps out of the closet....

And Mika's jaw drops to the floor.

"A BOY'S SCHOOL UNIFORM?!?" She shrieks, to which Jun plugs her ears with her fingers. Although it is a perfect fit, with a slim black blazer down to her hips, and the white dress shirt with tie hugs her nicely. She can actually — surprisingly, pass off as a pretty boy.

"I'm sure it was an honest mistake, Mika. I can tell them to change it." She hushes her, "I mean, this is pretty comfortable too, so I don't mind."

"Don't get too comfortable," she warns her. "You're going to be in a girl's uniform ASAP.I'm hoping you'll be wearing your contacts to school?"

"Why not just wear my glasses?"

"It's ugly. You're lucky I haven't burned that monstrosity yet."

Jun sighs exasperatedly. "Just — don't tell Mom and Dad about this uniform thing, okay? I don't want them worrying about me again. Plus, I actually want to try out this public high school thing, maybe I can prove it to them I'm just as capable as everyone else...Will you promise not to tell them?"

Mika sighed, rolling her eyes. "Fine. I promise."