Chapter 8

I woke up to the crashing sound of thunder. I wiped my eyes and jumped out of the bed- wait bed? So that's why my neck doesn't feel like it's broken in 50 different spots. I slept on a bed. I could get used to this. I walked over to the window in Niall's room.

It was pouring outside. A big bang startled me and I screeched which caused Niall to run in. "Are you okay?" He said out of breath. "I uh the thunder.." I said slowly. "Oh, I thought you were hurt. Anyway, breakfast is ready. I made pancakes." My eyes lit up and I followed him out of the room.

Yes! I haven't had pancakes for years! I had a huge smile on my face and I didn't care.

"Someone's a happy camper this morning." Niall's grandmother said. I really got to ask Niall for her name. I don't even know it yet. "Well, I got a very good sleep last night and I have the best boyfriend in the world." I smiled at Niall and kissed his cheeks. I swear I saw him blush.

"I remember my first love." Niall' grandmother said as Niall put the plate of food in front of me. I smiled at him as my thank you that he returned, as he sat next to me. "Really what was his name? What was he like?" I encouraged her to tell me. "Well, his name was George, and it was the early 1960's. We met at the community carnival after we got stuck at the top of the ferris wheel. He refused to leave until I agreed to go on date with him. And I think we hit it off because we're still together to this day." She smiled proudly.

"No you're not grammy." Niall's grandmothers smile faded. "What do you mean, of course we are."

"Grammy, grampy died 3 years ago remember." My heart sank. "I'm so sorry for your loss." I said to her.

"There's no loss, he's not dead." She yelled. Niall stood up quickly and tried to calm down his grandma.

"Who are you?! Get off me! Someone help! Please!" She screamed trying to get out of Niall's grasp. I stood up horrified. "Grammy you gotta calm down, it's Niall, you're grandson. Son of Maura , your daughter." Niall said soothingly but loudly. She stopped squirming.

"I'm gonna go for a nap." She said slowly. Niall guided her to her bedroom. I sat down slowly and continued to eat. What I'm starving?

Niall came out a few minutes later and sat in the seat next to me.

"Sorry you had to see that. She suffers from severe alzheimer's.." He said quietly. I nodded.

"But did you have to bring up her first love?" He said to me harshly. "How was I supposed to know that Niall?" I said to him loudly.

"You could ask me about myself you know? Maybe you would find this stuff out." He said and slammed his fists hard down on the table. Which startled me and made me jump. What if he hits me like my foster father did? I gulped. "It's not like you bothered to find anything out about me!" I yelled at him. "I don't even know your last name!" I continued.

"Yeah? Well at least my mother wanted me and didn't give me up to a foster family that beat me." He said with venom laced in every word. I know exactly why he said it because he knows it'd hurt me. I looked him in the eyes as his face dropped. I felt my eyes grow wide and wet.

"Em-" "Save it." I cut him off. I picked up my book bag, slipped on my dirty converse and ran out the door.

I forgot it was raining, so I slipped and fell down the small flight of stairs outside of Niall's apartment.

"Fuck!" I shouted in pain as Niall came out the door. His eyes went wide, he ran down to help me. "Are you okay?" He yelled from the top of the stairs as he walked fast but carefully down the steps.

I stood up and ran through the pain my upper thigh was in. I was in track so I was pretty fast.

"Come on Emma, don't be like this please! I, I didn't mean it." He shouted running behind me.

By now we were both drenched. This must look strange to by standers; a girl in oversized clothes with a limp running down the street while a punk boy chased after her. Hopefully this'll be on youtube tomorrow.

I kept on running down the street, it was getting hard to see because the rain was getting heavier. So I stopped for a moment to catch my breath.

But that wasn't a good idea because Niall was like 10 feet away from me. I tried to start running again, but my leg I hit gave out and I collapsed on the the sidewalk.

Niall stopped running and walked. He reached his hand down to me waiting for me to take it to help me stand up.

I denied it and stood up despite the pain my leg was in. I winced as I put pressure on it.

"Emma, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that, I'm such a dick and I don't deserve to be your fake boyfriend. Please forgive me. I'll buy you chicken nuggets. " He said looking me dead in the eyes. I know I shouldn't but.. I sighed in defeat. "Fine. Apology accepted. But only because you're giving me chicken nuggets." I said and we both started laughing.

Niall started walking back to the apartment, but I couldn't. Due to falling, and then running for at least 5 minutes my leg was in so much pain I couldn't move it.

"Are you coming?" He asked as he turned around. I motioned towards my leg. "I can't move it at all, it hurts to much." I frowned.

"I'll just carry you then." He said like it was no big deal. Then he picked me up bridal style. And started walking.

"Am I to heavy?" I asked him. "No, definitely not. What are you, 100 pounds?" I shrugged.

"Oh by the way, Horan." He said to me as we entered his apartment. "Huh?"

"Its my last name."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt like it was to peaceful so i added some drama ooooooo, so is everyone liking the fanfic? i hope so because im enjoying writing it. i really like this chapter idk. Anyway, 20 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter. love uuuuu :* - julia