Chapter 7

"Girlfriend?" I repeated. I gave Niall a confused look while his grandmother hugged me. He gave me a weak smile. I pulled away from his grandmother and smiled at her. "Excuse us." I said politely and pulled Niall into the nearest room and shut the door.

"Girlfriend?!" I said in a loud whisper. He ran his hand through his blonde hair. "She asked me who was in the shower, and I didn't think telling her a homeless girl i saved from getting raped would satisfy her." He whispered loudly back to me. I sighed. "All you have to do is pretend to be my girlfriend until she goes back to ireland." He said softly. I huffed. "Fine, when is she leaving? " I asked. "4 days." He answered. "Fine, I'll pretend to be your girlfriend." I smiled widely, "alright, come on babe." he said with a smirk. "don't call me that." I said even though I loved the way it sounded. "we have to make it realistic you know." he said grabbing a hold of my hand swiftly before we entered the kitchen.

My stomach erupted into butterflies and my face flushed red. "Oh aren't you two the cutest. Let me get a picture of you to show everyone back home." I looked at Niall, who just shrugged. I sighed.

"Alright say cheese." She said in her little voice. I gave her my best smile as did Niall. "One more." And before the camera flashed Niall leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"Oh, I think that one is my favourite. Maura is going to love that one." She said and smiled.

"It was for the picture." He whispered in my ear. His husky voice sent shivers down my spine and I nodded. The touch of his lips lingered on my cheek. I bit my lip.

"I'm going for a nap, see you love birds later." She said and walked out the kitchen chuckling. We sat there in silence for a few minutes.

"I uh, gotta go to the store. Do you need anything?" Niall asked me. I already have my pads. So, none of those. But maybe he could get me a toothbrush? "Could you get me a toothbrush?" I asked him. "Yeah, of course. I'll be home in like 20 minutes. later babe." Niall said and headed out the door. I waved. 'Later babe.' His last words echoed in my mind. I bit my lip as the butterflies flew back in my stomach. I skipped like a little school girl to the couch. And flopped down on it.

I think I'm gonna get used to being Niall's pretend girlfriend.

Niall's P.O.V

I walked around the store picking up a few groceries to get us by the next few days. Am I forgetting anything? Oh yeah, Emma's toothbrush. I went to the aisle that had the bathroom utilities.

While I was looking for a toothbrush for her, I started humming a song. A song my mother used to sing to me. I tried to find her the perfect toothbrush. Why? I don't know why. When I found one, I walked up to the cashier, paid, and left.

I started humming the song again on my way back to the apartment. I smiled as Emma crept into my mind. She looked so cute in my clothes. And soon enough I arrived at the apartment.

"I'm back." I called in the door as I walked in. "Hey!" Emma said as she ran over and hugged me. I was taken aback and looked at her strangely. She motioned to my grandmother sitting on the couch watching us with awe in her eyes. I caught on and hugged her back, I even kissed her forehead. If only this was real.

Emma's P.O.V

I let go of Niall's neck slowly and turned around to walk to the couch. But something grabbed a hold of my waist tightly. It was obviously Niall.

He smiled down at me and kissed my nose. My cheeks flushed. He must've noticed because his did to. It was actually quite cute. I bit my lip and got out of his tight grasp.

*later on that night*

I took my toothbrush out of its packet, and ran it under the water. I squeezed some tooth paste on the bristles and started to brush my teeth. I brushed them for a good 8 minutes making sure to get every book and cranny in my mouth. I watched the suds off the brush and rinsed my mouth out with the water in the tap.

I felt so clean and happy. Note to self; thank Niall.

I walked into the living room casually like I've lived there all my life and sat down next to Niall who was watching criminal minds.

He put his arm around me. "You're grandmothers asleep we don't have to pretend anymore." I said confused. "I know." He said and continued to watch the show.

I was kind of uncomfortable so i shifted around and my head ended up on Niall's shoulder and my hand on his chest. He tensed up, but released after like 2 seconds.

I felt so safe, and comfortable in his arms and I felt myself getting sleepy in his arms. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.

Niall's P.O.V

It was like 3, so I picked up Emma and carried her to my bedroom. I laid her on my bed and tucked her in. I exited the bedroom. I'll take the couch tonight. I don't think she'll be pleased to find me in the bed with her when she wakes up.

I locked the front door, and grabbed a spare blanket in the closet. I plopped down on the couch, and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~

gahhhh i hate to do this to you guys but i wont be updating until this gets 10 votes and 5 comments love youuu - julia