three

"i like your hair." jack complimented his best friend. he reached out and grabbed the ends, playing with it.

"thanks," kennadi smiled. she scanned jack up and down, struggling to find a compliment. he was just so good looking now, it was hard. "you look... different yourself."

"yeah," jack chuckled. "that camp literally changes you." he smirked, looking down at himself.

kennadi's eyebrow rose, this new jack sure was cocky. she was surly uncomfortable around this foreigner. "um well, alyssa and i should are gonna go to class. see you later?"

jack nodded. "yeah, yeah. i think some girl's over there need my attention anyway." a sly smirk formed on jack's face as he strode his way over to two girls who were obviously starstruck by the senior.

kennadi cringed- that sentence never had left his mouth before. she shook her head and tugged on alyssa's arm to start walking the other way.

"that was jack?!" alyssa exclaimed. "he's fucking hot! he looks nothing like the pictures you showed me!"

"i know." kennadi sighed. "i don't like it." she pouted, folding her arms.

alyssa eyed her friend up and down, a smirk forming on her face. "you don't like it because jack's getting attention from other girls and you want him to yourself."

"what? no." kennadi denied, lying. "he's just my best friend and this isn't him."

"mhm, sure." alyssa nodded not believing kennadi for one second.

kennadi rolled her eyes, "whatever. let's just get to class."

-

kennadi didn't have jack nor alyssa in her first period, which made her upset. she did know some of the kids in the class from pervious years. 

"kennadi! kennadi!" she heard someone yell her name repeatedly. she looked up to see elena running up to her. elena went to middle school with jack and kennadi.

"hey, elena. what's up." kennadi answered politely. 

"jack!" she huffed. 

"what about him?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"he's so fucking hot now!" elena groaned. "like what the fuck happened?" she tugged on her bottom lip. "he's so yummy now."

kennadi cringed and inwardly rolled her yes. it hasn't even been an hour and she was already tired of girls flaunting over jack. "i don't know elena, i haven't talked to him all summer."

"does he have a girlfriend?" elena questioned.

kennadi was becoming more irritated the more elena talked. "once again, i do not know.."

elena noticed the agitation in kennadi and decided to leave her alone. kennadi thanked god that she finally left and pulled out her phone, texting alyssa.

if one more girl obsess over jack

im gonna kms

jealous ;)

no!

ken, it's no secret you like him.

i figured it out when you kept talking 

about how much you missed him n shit 

like that. 

ok whatever, but things have changed.

this isn't the jack i know

kennadi sighed and placed her phone up, once hearing the teacher starting class. 

-

lunch came around and kennadi was more than to leave already. everyone knew that her and jack were best friends so of course, many girls asked about him; even a few boys who wanted to know what the hell happened and why their girlfriends were drooling over the ex dork. 

"alyssa!" kennadi rushed to her friend. "thank god i found you. everyone here is driving me nuts!" 

alyssa laughed. "i'm pretty sure it's just the jealousy talking."

kennadi rolled her eyes as the two girls, sat down at a table. kennadi saw jack walking with elena into the cafeteria. they were laughing at something elena had just said. her stomach clenched. alyssa furrowed her eyebrows and followed ken's gaze to the two teens. 

"kennadi..." 

the girl shook her head. "whatever."

jack located the girls and plopped down next to kennadi. out of instinct, his arm snaked around her. "what's shaking ladies?" 

"hey gilinsky." kennadi smiled. 

"uh, jack..." alyssa said. "i think some girls back there want your attention." she pointed to the table that held the one and only stella. for as long as kennadi could remember, jack had a crush on stella. but that was back then when he had no chance with her. 

jack licked his lips, staring at stella who stared back. a smirk overtook his face.

kennadi resisted the urge to throw up. she rolled her eyes to alyssa who just silently laughed. 

"ayo g!" two boys appeared in front of kennadi. one was jack johnson and the either sam wilkinson. they were the popular boys, if you will. kennadi thought it was really funny how jack and jack had the same name. 

"what's up guys?" gilisnky grinned at the boys. 

"you want to come play basketball with us after school?" blonde jack asked .

"sure, why not." jack shrugged. 

sam's eyes glanced toward alyssa then to kennadi, a smirk forming. "kenandi."

"sammy." kennadi lifted her eyebrow.

her best friend narrowed his eyes and glanced between the two. 

"i'm alyssa since no one them asses would like to introduce me." she smiled, before sending kennadi a glare. 

"i'm jack and this is sam." the blonde shorted boy introduced. 

"you guys have the same name?" alyssa laughed. 

"yup." johnson nodded. "you guys should come to."

alyssa stuck out her bottom lip, silently begging kennadi for her to say yes they'll go. alyssa knew know of these boys and didn't want to go alone. 

"i guess." kennadi shrugged. alyssa grinned, clapping her hands. 

"i'll sure be happy to see you there." sam smirked at kennadi before walking away with johnson. 

"what was that?" alyssa laughed. 

"since when did you and sam have something going on? did i miss something while i was gone?" jack questioned, looking over at kennadi. 

kennadi shook her head. "nothing's going on. just playing around that's all." she didn't know if she was telling herself the truth but she sure was excited for this basketball game after school.