"Seeing as there are only two of you," Simon says taking a breath, "I think it's time to add members to your group. Like a drummer or a bass player. Or both."

"WHAT?!" I semi-yell at Simon.

"It's really just like adding band members," Simon says trying to reason with us.

"So what does that make Kelsey? Just another band member?" I ask standing up from my seat, "And are you just going to throw us random people and say 'oh here are your band members become best friends with them'?"

"Ruby, calm down," Kelsey speaks for the first time.

"How can I calm down? If this happens you'll be just another band member! I don't want that to happen," I say throwing my hands in the air and pacing back and forth, "This was supposed to me 'Ruby and Kelsey' against the world. Not 'Ruby, Kelsey and whoever the hell those people are' against the world!"

"Ruby--" Simon tries, but I cut him off.

"And we are going to have to think of ANOTHER name for this 'band'? I was perfectly happy with 'Ruby & Kelsey' with the swirly symbol for the word 'and' instead of just the boring word 'and'. All that for nothing. Gone. In reality, I guess, it's Kelsey's choice, and I know you are just trying to make us successful, but I'm just not sure about this..." I say trailing off.

"It's fine with me," Kelsey says.

I stare at her in disbelief, my mouth opening and closing like a goldfish which reminds me that Guppy is still in quarantine.  

"Great! I'll arrange for you girls to meet them as soon as possible," Simon says standing up while buttoning his suit jacket.

*The Next Day*

We are meeting the band today. I am so excited. Note the sarcasm.

We enter the building and go to Simon's room. 

"Hey, Simon," I say trying to act unfazed by the three very attractive males on the sofa.

"Hello. This is your new band," He says gesturing to the boys who are probably in their early 20s on the couch.

"Hello. I'm Kelsey," Kelsey says.

"I'm Ruby," I say with a wave.

"I'm Christian," Says the most attractive boy, "I play the drums."

"I'm Jake," Says another cutie, "I play bass."

"I'm Luke," Says the last one who is equally as attractive, "I play piano and guitar."

"Now that you guys have met. You need to re-record what you have previously recorded so tha--" I cut Simon off.

"The name. I have it. I know the name," I say, "Get ready. Drum roll please..."

I see Simon and Kelsey roll their eyes.

"RUBY, KELSEY & CO" I scream.

"I like it," I hear a couple people say. 

Kelsey is nodding with a smile on her face. Simon seems happy but also mad that I cut him off earlier.

"So Simon as you were saying..." I say trailing off.

"Right, right. You will need to re-record what you have already recorded with the new members because it would sound odd if half the album was acoustic and if the other half was with the band. Agreed?" Simon says.

Everyone nods.

"Alright. I expect the five songs to be recorded by tomorrow morning," Simon says.

"You expect us to stay here overnight?" Kelsey asks.

"Not necessarily. Just until you finish recording the songs," Simon says.

"But it's already 7pm," Christian says.

"Well, you better get moving then. See you lot tomorrow," Simon says as he walks out of the room.

"I'll order the pizza," I say.

I order three pizzas for five people, some sodas, and waters. When the pizza gets here, we eat almost all of it.

*five songs and three empty pizza boxes later*

"Ugh. What time is it?" I groan.

"3:15am," Jake says exaggerating the 'am' part.

We all groan.

"I guess we can leave now," Kelsey says yawning.

"Yeah. I guess, but I'm kinda tired I might just lay down for a second," I say collapsing on the floor.

"Ditto," Luke says.

Soon we are all on the floor, except Kelsey who somehow managed to push Christian off the couch.

Someone starts kicking me.

"Stop kicking me," I groan and turn over on my 'bed' otherwise known as the floor. They don't stop, "Stop kicking me, or I will take your foot and shove it up your asshole. Got it?"

The kicking stops. Thank God, now I can go back to sleep, I think. Oh wait, never mind, someone has decided to start poking my fucking face. I raise my hand to wave off whoever is poking me, but I hit someone.

"Ow," I hear some voice I don't recognize say, "That was my face."

"Then don't try to wake me up again. Lesson learned," I say turning over to face whoever was poking me and find out it was Christian, "What time is it?"

"8 o'clock," He says, "Simon should be here any minute."

"Oh great," I mumble.

The door opens, "Hello everybody. Lovely morning, isn't it?" Simon asks.

"Oh. I bet it is. But, oh wait a second, I've been stuck in here for almost 13 hours, so I wouldn't know," I say with a fake smile.

"I assume the songs are done," Simon says.

We nod, too tired to actually respond.

"I have one more challenge, if you will, for you lot," Simon says, "I would really love it if the album would be recorded by next week."

"Are you kidding?" Kelsey asks, "Write seven songs? AND record them? In seven days?"

"I think you guys can do it, and you never know, rewards come from hard work," Simon says with a wink. Ew old people shouldn't wink. It's weird.

*A Week Later*

We did it. I don't know how, but we did. We basically lived at the studio for a week. Simon decided it would be good to release a song early as a single.

Kelsey and I have gotten to know the band better. Luke is the more serious one while Christian and Jake are total guys. Like imagine the stereotypical guy. Yep, that's Christian and Jake. I also found out that they all have girlfriends (poo for me) that they love very much.

Simon says that he is 'rewarding' us today for our hard work. He sounds like he's training dogs.

The five of us gathered in his office to hear the news.

"Well I know you guys have been anxiously waiting for this news," Simon starts, "I've booked you guys as an opening act!"

I start squealing and jumping around then I notice one vital piece of information is missing, "For who?" I ask.

"One Direction," Simon says.

I stop dead in my tracks, "A boyband?! Really, Simon? A boyband?"

"Wait a second what do you mean," Kelsey turns to look at me, "'A boyband?' You like the Jonas Brothers. They are a boyband."

"OH MY GOD. YOU TAKE THAT BACK," I yell at her, "They are not a boyband. They would never in a million years be a boyband."

One Direction, huh. I don't dislike them. I just don't listen to their music. I see them on magazines, and they are attractive which is a plus.

This should be interesting.