Chapter 3

Ruby's POV

5 o'clock finally came. Right at five, the door bell rang. I open the door to find a man dressed in a suit. I raise an eyebrow at him, and he tells me that Simon sent him, and he is driving Kelsey, Chad and I to the airport. Chad got here about 30 minutes ago with his suitcase. He only needed one suitcase to pack his clothes in which doesn't make sense to me because it's a whole summer but whatever. 

The man put our bags in the trunk of the car and starts to drive off to the airport. About half way threw the drive, I remembered something. 

"STOP THE CAR AND TURN AROUND! I FORGOT SOMETHING!" I screamed.

"Ugh what did you forget?" Kelsey asks already annoyed.

"GUPPY," I can't believe I forgot my own pet fish. Kelsey just shook her head.

The driver turns around and drives back to the apartment.

Once we reach it, I run inside to get my fish. I go to the coffee table the tank is sitting on and grab it and start walking out of the apartment with the tank in one arm and fish food in the other. "I'm so sorry I forgot you, Guppy," I say.

The ride to the airport is silent besides Kelsey and Chad whispering to each other.

When we get to the airport, the man unloads the trunk of the car and points us to the correct terminal. We thank him and then walk into the airport. First, we checked the larger bags then we headed to security. Security went well.

I look at the ticket: Terminal 24, Gate 6. Terminal 24 Gate 6, I repeat in my head. We find it. There was one flight attendant. She spotted us almost immediately. She guides down the connecter thing from the airport to the plane. I come to a halt which causes everyone behind me to slam into me but I didn't care because I was standing in a private jet.

"I've never seen anything so beautiful," I say finally almost at a whisper. I turn my head, "MINI FRIDGE," I yell. I grab food and then plop myself down on. I eat the bag of chips and drink the water bottle I got then I took out my phone and put headphones in and listened to music.

"How are you so skinny? You eat like a trucker," Kelsey says and I just shrugged.

Listening to music went well for about ten minutes, so I decided to watch a movie. I ended up watching The Hangover. After the movie ended, I walked around the cabin for a bit and got yelled at by the flight attendant because I started to jump up and down. Kelsey and Chad were asleep so I figured I might as well sleep also. 

I woke up with 40 minutes left in the plane ride so I just looked out the window. I am so excited for London. I tied my light/golden brown hair into a bun. I looked over to Kelsey and Chad, and they are still asleep. Since we were getting ready to land, and I didn't want to actually get up to wake them up I just threw my shoe at them.

Kelsey groaned and Chad just looked confused after the shoe hit them. I started to hysterically laugh at their faces. As I was laughing at them, I felt the plane start to descend.

After we landed, I carried Guppy out the plane, but there were security guards blocking the way.

"Excuse me," I say to the guards.

"Ma'am, we need to take your fish into quarantine," The biggest guard says.

"NO! You can't my baby away from me!" I say as I hug the tank.

"This is the law. If you don't hand the fish over, you will have to be detained," He said trying to scare me.

I just smirked, "I've been detained once. In a museum. I touched the art work or something like that and it wasn't that bad." 

"Ruby, give the man the fish," Kelsey says.

"No," I say, "At least show me a badge or license that says you can detain my fish."

He pulls out a badge, and as I am looking at it takes the fish out of my hands.

I give him a death stare, "Feed my fish or I'll stuff you in the tank with it. Do you understand?" And with that I walk off not waiting for him to respond.

We walk into the airport and see a man holding up a sign with our names on it so we walk over. The man, whose name is Mike, comes to baggage claim with us and helps us with out bags. He brings us to a car, and we get in as he puts the bags away.

He pulls up to an apartment complex that looks really nice. We get to a room on the second floor from the top. 

I drop my bags as soon as I step out, "Damn" is the only thing that comes out of my mouth.

This apartment or 'flat' is gorgeous. It is modern and sleek. Almost everything is white except for little accents of colors here and there. Then I walked into the kitchen. I didn't think anything could be so beautiful. Granite counter tops, stainless steal appliances, and a gigantic fridge. Then I went up a mini staircase that lead to three bedrooms each door had a name on it. I read the names as I went down the hall "Guest Room, Kelsey," and stopping at, "Ruby." I opened the door and pinched myself to see if I was dreaming. My room had all white walls except for one wall that was purple. There was a queen sized bed with a white blanket and purple throw pillows, a desk with a cool wheely chair, and a purple beanbag chair. At the foot of the bed, there was a white couch. I pulled back some curtains to reveal a balcony that looks over the city skyline. I had my own bathroom that had a shower and a separate Jacuzzi tub. And last but not least was the walk in closet. This closet was huge. It was like another bedroom. I would have trouble filling this.

I took a quick shower because I hate how I feel when I get off planes and to just freshen up. After the shower, I put on a pair of jean shorts and a cream colored sweater. I start to quickly unpack before I hear Kelsey calling my name and telling me that we are going to meet Simon. 

I grabbed black combat boots as my shoes and walked out the door on my way to meet Simon.