Chapter 6

*2 Weeks Later*

Ruby's POV

I wake up surprisingly early and look around my room. Something feels off. I finally notice that Fiona, my blow up giraffe, isn't here. I run to my suitcase and pull the deflated Fiona out. I blow her up by mouth which takes about 15 minutes because she is very big. I put her down looking out the window so that if people look up to my room they will get really confused.

I throw on a pair of running shorts, a sweatshirt, and flip flops. My hair is in a messy bun. I put a pair of sunglasses on top of my head.I leave a note for Kelsey saying I was running to Starbucks. As I am leaving the building, there is a little group of paparazzi and some fans. I ignore what the paps are saying and take pictures with the five fans that are outside. I have a conversation with them then I am off to Starbucks. 

When I enter Starbucks, nobody recognizes me. Being approached by fans doesn't really bother me, it's just sometimes I need to do my normal routine which reminds me that I'm still the same girl I was three weeks ago. I tell them my name and order a Strawberries & Cream frap and a piece of banana bread to munch on.

As I am waiting for my drink, I think back to what has happened in the past two weeks. I sorted things out with my mom, and she isn't that mad at me anymore. Kelsey and I, both, passed our road test. Our single did surprisingly well and even got into the top 20 on iTunes. It was only a week ago that our demo album was released which did amazingly also. Simon gave us the task of writing our own songs for our first ever 'real' album. Kelsey and I have been at the studio nonstop writing and recording original songs. We have five done, but Simon says that 12 songs is good for an album. I have about 300,000 followers on Twitter now, so does Kelsey. People recognize me on the streets sometimes. Paparazzi follow Kelsey and me sometimes, but we aren't the hottest topic right now.

"Ruby!" The barista calls out while setting my frap on the counter.

I pick up the frap and banana bread. I pick a table towards the back of Starbucks, so that it is quieter.

In high school, I wasn't in the 'popular' crowd, but I didn't need to be. I liked my group of friends. We released the album back in the states. A bunch of the 'popular' girls in my school started Facebook messaging me and acting like they are my best friend. Fake friends. Just another thing to add to the list of what to watch out for while being famous.

I finish my frap then I start the short walk back to the flat. Simon said he needed to have a special meeting with us today because things are getting quite serious now.

"Hey Kelsey," I say when I walk into the flat, "We have that meeting with Simon today, right?"

"Yeah," She says with a yawn, "I was up so late talking to Chad."

I smile, "I'm gonna go get changed."

I walk into my room and throw on a pair of jeans since it is chilly out and a three quarter sleeve shirt. My shoes are a pair of moccasins.

We leave the flat and hop into our Jeep (which Simon gave us). It's the really cool Jeep that you can take the doors off and the roof off. 

We walk into the building and head for the elevators waving to Samantha, the girl who works at the front desk, in the process. We get to Simon's room and knock.

"Come in," Simon says.

"Hello," Kelsey says.

"Getting straight to business," Simon starts looking from Kelsey to me, "We need to make a slight change."

I raise my eyebrow at him encouraging him to say more.

"That change would be?" Kelsey asks leaning forwards intrigued.