Chapter 11 - The Day of Saint Valentine

I didn't really edit this...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was already really scared when I came out the elevator and saw balloons, pink, and red everywhere. There were even heart-shaped signs. I started to feel very sorry for myself. I approached the breakfast buffet and saw cookies in the shape of hearts with pink frosting and white sprinkles. I hated making a big deal of Valentine’s Day. I didn’t see the point.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Two voices jumped out at me while I was pouring cereal in a Styrofoam bowl. I jumped into a ninja stance. My poor Froot Loops flew everywhere. It was similar to a rainbow-colored rain. Lauren brushed the small round pieces of food off of her and she laughed at me. Alani just giggled while her hair was speckled with purple, red, orange, green, and yellow pieces of Froot Loops.

I groaned and bent down to pick up the Styrofoam bowl. "Don't remind me." I muttered, turning back to the counter. I started on another bowl of my breakfast. Hopefully, I wouldn’t spill it again.

"Why? What's wrong with the day that celebrates sweethearts and love?" Alani asked reaching past me for a plastic fork. She and Lauren leaned on the counter and looked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't like Valentine's Day." I said flatly. I walked with them back to the table Christian, Aiden, and Kendra sat at. Lately Kendra's been in this whole "spending time" together "like a family" kind of health kick. It was really annoying. She and Aiden have been sitting with us for about a day or two. Our morning plan making has been postponed until they leave us alone. I didn’t really think that this said health kick would last much longer. More than half of us couldn’t stand each other.

I moved my spoon around in my cereal, not bringing it up to my mouth just yet. “Yes, Jordyn isn’t the biggest fan of the day of love. Maybe that’s because she never has a date for the beloved day.” Kendra smiled at me. There was a sweet tone coming out of her mouth, but the words were somewhat insulting. Okay. Maybe they were a little more than somewhat insulting.

“No, I just don’t like making a big deal out of it. Go on a date. Make the hell out. I just don’t need to see red everywhere I go all day.” I stated. Aiden chuckles at my defiant declaration. “I’m guessing you all have plans.”

“I’ll be back by one.” Alani offered. “In the morning.” She gave me a sorry smile.

“It’s fine. I’ll be all right. I’ll just find something to do by myself. You all should have fun. I mean, you’ve finally found someone to share a Valentine’s Day specialty dessert with. Why shouldn’t you celebrate if you’ve got someone to celebrate it with?” I said and stuffed my mouth with Froot Loops.

Then a girl with midnight black hair attacked me. She was strangling me to death with a hug. I was really scared for a moment, but I realized it was just Alani. “Aw, I wish I could take you on my date so you could experience a great Valentine’s Day and you wouldn’t hate it, but then it would just be awkward because there’s three of us.” Throughout high school, Alani always acted like this on Valentine’s Day. She was always sorry for me.

I laughed and patted her arm. “I’ll be fine. Besides, I’ll be totally fine. I’ve got Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling to keep me company. The Notebook is awesome.” I reassured her. “Hey, I’m going to go up.” I announced as I realized that my bowl of cereal had completely dissipated and was empty.

“You just got here.” Aiden pointed out as I stood up to leave.

I shrugged. “I’ve got to get started on my chick flicks marathon. Sooner is better than later.” I glanced at Lauren.