Chapter 26

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Max was back in the offices of Wilde Productions today. It was my lunch hour and I decided to visit him on his first day back since the car accident. He had texted me throughout the morning, letting me he was doing fine. He didn't know I was visiting him, I only told him I was heading out for lunch not where I was going for lunch. Clearly, if I headed to his office I would most likely end up not really having lunch but I didn't mind. Max, on the other hand, would have probably gotten angry if he found out I skipped a meal to visit him. I really shouldn't have since I was still in dangerous territory in my pregnancy. Nevertheless, I could have Julia get me something when she went out for her lunch.

I arrived to Max's offices floor and approached the front desk, waiting for the lady to attend me.

"How may I help you?" She questioned

"I came to see Max" I answered, trying to glance to the end of the hallway where I knew Max's office was.

The woman stood up from her seat behind the desk and murmured a "follow me" as she walked to the hallway. We stopped in front of his office door as she lightly knocked, opening the door and saying, "A young lady is here to see you."

"I'm not expecting anyone." I could hear the ruffle of papers before he continued "Tell her, I'm busy"

She closed the door and repeated what Max had said before turning around, expecting me to follow her out.

I softly opened the door to Max's office, not wanting him to notice me until I spoke. "So you're busy, huh?" I asked him, grinning.

His eyes were focused on the papers in his desk before he brought his head up at the sound of my voice. He silently laughed before standing up and walking to me. I also walked to him until we met.

"I didn't know it was you. Why did you not give her your name? You know, I would never deny you" He said as his thumb rubbed the skin on my cheek while his palm cupped it.

"She didn't ask and I wanted to surprise you" I replied, peering up at him due to our height difference.

He lowered his lips to mine, not speaking a word in response to what I had just said. I considered the kiss his answer. Max moved his hand to my nape, pulling me into him and deepening the kiss. I placed my hands on his hips to steady myself. Max's tongue invaded me before we were interrupted.

My favorite person abruptly opened the door. "Max I-"

I pulled away from Max and turned around at the sound of her voice since my back was to the door. She was ashen before her eyes narrowed on Max and me. She clearly had gotten a peak of the make-out session we were having before she barged in.

"Oh hi Ava. How are you?" I asked, smiling being sweeter than usual. I was still on Max's arms, which her eyes were now staring at.

"I spoke to Ms. Davenport's manager. They are available this Monday. I'll send the artist's team the contract and inform the label" Ava spoke to Max before leaving the office and ignoring my greet.

I chuckled at the ignorance I received, turning back to Max.

"Don't worry she doesn't have much time left here." Max kissed my forehead. Oh, really? About damn time. He held me close to him for a while before asking, "Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"It's my lunch time" I explained. "How have you been today?" I had asked him this question through text already but I still wanted to make sure he was doing fine.

"I'm fine. Now, stop worrying" He kissed my forehead before asking, "What about you? How has the morning sickness been?"

"It has settled down this past week, hasn't been so terrible"