Royal guard in disguise

Start from the beginning

"yahan log nahi rehte sahib, adhe se jyada abadi to shehar ko chali gayi. Jo bach gaye hain wo narak bhog rahe hain (People don't live here. half of the population has migrated to city and those who are left behind are living in a hell)" this was indeed a sensitive topic.

"Aap yahin rehte hain matlab apki family (You live here only means your family?)" I asked him while engaging myself again in the sightseeing, a dry and arid sightseeing!!

"Na sahib, mhari family mhari lugai k gaon me rehwe hai. Bagal k gaon me hi mhara susral hai sahib (No sir, My family lives in my wife's village. My in laws' village is the next to this palace.)" I replied with a "Hmm" and then moved my lenses towards the temple on top of the mountain. It was carved out of black and white stones, a red flag was fluttering on the top of the structure. I zoomed the vision and moved down to see the base of temple when I spotted two figures running down on the slope of mountain in zig zag fashion.

I zoomed at he maximum when I saw the end of saree fluttering in air because the girl was running heavily. But why she is running, I moved my vision little upward and I saw a group of men chasing the girl. Saree, girl, Gauri...

"Jeep roko...utro. Udhar jao, jaldi (Stop the jeep...get down. Go there, quick)" I halted my guide and shoved him to get him down from the seat and told him to go to my seat. Fortunately, He acted quickly.

"Kya hua sahib (What happened sahib)" he asked in a panic tone.

"Jo puchta hu sirf wo jawab do (Answer me which I ask you)" He wanted to question then he replied in yes.

"ye road sidhe mandir jati hai (This road goes directly to temple)" I pushed the accelerator and ran the jeep on maximum speed.

"Ji sahib ...lekin. Sahib dhire chalaiye Sahib sahib (yes sir...but. Sahib please drive slowly, Sir, Sir..)" His pleading was not reaching my ears. All I was hearing was beating of my heart which was restless after that sight.

I pushed the clutch and changed the gear on highest level. Gauri, I am coming. The temple was coming closer and closer but my eyes were looking for her.

"Gadhdhe to nahi hai is road pe (is there any pits on the road?)" I was driving on the maximum speed. Bhuvan has replied that the road has been built recently so it is in better condition. I was listening his blabbering and then I have spotted her. She was trying to free herself from a man who has grabbed her hair in his fist. Bloody hell, you will pay for that.

Bhuvan POV

I couldn't understand what has possessed this man when he was driving like a mad man. But when I followed his gaze on the slope of mountain then I understood the urgency of the situation. A group of men were chasing two girls down the hill. The girl running in front was wearing a colorful Skirt and matching blouse but her veil was torn at some place and it was fluttering behind her shoulders while the other girl was in a crimson colored saree.

Both girls were looking familiar, we have reached the foot of mountain and I looked upward. I recognized the girls and my throat went dry. I looked at the people behind them and anger boiled in my veins.

"Sahib aap jeep me rehiye (Sir, you stay in jeep)" I looked at the driving seat but it was empty.

He was running on the slope like a horse is set free on the terrain. One man has captured the girl in saree and she was trying to free herself from his grip. The man has cruelly gripped her hair in his fist and snaked his left hand around her waist.

I have counted the men behind her and they were approximately 40 - 50 in number. This sahib was clearly mad, why he wanted to call his death by fighting these people who are armed and can outnumber him.

But I have seen one man falling from the slope while I was thinking doom of my crazy sahib. Another groan came from the above direction. I was frozen on my spot when one of the man flied in air and fell near my feet with a thud.

"Bapu (Father)" A familiar voice entered my ears and my head snapped in my left to find my daughter in tattered dress. My eyes widened at the sight.

"Nupur, kai hoya chhori (What happened girl?)" I ran towards her and hold her before she fell onto the ground.

"Wo bai sa ko bacha lo, bapu (Please save the lady, father)" she caught her breath before opening her mouth.

"bai sa (Lady)" I looked up to find flying bodies of men falling on the ground. Does the lady really need me when my crazy sahib is hitting every men like a angry bull.

"bapu kuch karo bapu, bapu tumko karna hoga (Father, do something. Father, you have to do)" my feet were frozen while I was listening my daughter then she shut up. She was shaking my left arm and gesturing me to move but I was still. I was just looking at the scene in front of me. How my crazy sahib was throwing every man from the slope like he is shoving a fly from his hand.

"Bhuvaneshwar Singh Suryavanshi...." My daughter's shout has broken my trance and I looked at her face for the first time. Her eyes were blood shot, blood was smeared on her lips and her face has tear stains. Nobody has dared calling me by my full name then how come my meek daughter did that. She must be possessed by demons.

"ye lo thari talwar aur apna kartavya pura karo. Jadi tum ye na kar sako to main thari beti thara kartavya nibhaungi (take your sword and do your duty. If you can't do this then I, your daughter will do it for you)" She was holding the heavy sword of chief royal guard in her hands with a determined look on her face.

"JAI BHAVANI.....(hail the goddess Durga)" I pulled the sword out from the sheath and charged towards the men.