Chapter 38

Faith POV: We waited for what felt like forever before the doctor finally came in. "Are you all with Mr. McGraw?" He asked. "Yes is he ok?" I stood up and and said. "Please have a seat." He said then he pulled up a seat next to us. "The bullet that hit Tim's leg hit a very important artery in his thigh. This caused a great deal of blood loss. That is the reason he passed out. By the time he arrived here he was in what we call a code blue. This means he had stopped breathing. We were able to revive him on the way up to the OR. We preformed a surgery to locate and dispose of the bullet, and to also sew up the artery that had been hit." He said. "Is he going to live?" I asked. "Well, only time will tell. Due to the large amount of blood loss, his body lost a lot of oxygen. We just took him off of the ventilator and he is breathing on his own for now, but we are not sure how long he will be able to continue breathing without assistance. He is also still unresponsive. The next 24 hours are going to be crucial. The way his body reacts over the next day will most likely determine the out come of his situation." He said. "So you're saying he is alive right now, but there is still a chance that he might not make it?" Byron said. "Yes, but like I said, only time will tell." The doctor said. "Oh God." I said. "When can we see him?" Byron asked. "He is in the ICU right now, I'll have one of the nurses take you up to see him, but the ICU only allows one visitor at a time." He said. "Ok." Byron said.