Chapter 2

Faith POV: We spent the rest of the night up at the river. Tim, John, and the other guys went up into the woods to get some wood for a fire. I set on the bank with the other girls drying off. "Has he asked you yet?" Melanie said. "About prom? No not yet...I swear if he doesn't ask me soon I'm just going to ask him myself!" I said. "What is he waiting for? Prom is only two weeks away!" She said. "I know!" I said.

Tim POV: We all sat around the fire and talked. "Hey superstar did you bring your guitar?" John asked me. He always picks on me for bringing my guitar everywhere I go. "Hell, you know I don't leave home without it! It's in the truck." I said. "Why don't you go get it and play us a song?" He said. I got my guitar and went back to the fire. I played a few songs and me and Faith both sang a few. A little bit later on Faith and I went off into the woods. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" John said as we walked off. We walked a little ways till we got to the big oak tree that Faith loves. "You remember this spot?" I asked her. "Yep, its where we had a picnic for our first date." She said smiling. I looked around the tree till I found the spot where we carved our names on it. "I have something I want to ask you." I said. "What's that?" She said. "Will you go to prom with me?" I said. She wrapped her arms around me neck and gave me a kiss. Then she whispered "Yes" in my ear. Man, I love this girl!