The Tenant (Vampire Romance) - (Chapter 8)

The Tenant Chapter 8

“When’s your birthday?” he asked casually. I thought of his conversation earlier on, but told him anyway. “13 December, about two weeks from here. I’ll be eighteen,” I said happily. Being eighteen meant I could have the freedom of being a carefree adult, which also meant I was of legal age to drink the night away at a club.

“How are you planning to spend it?” he interrupted my thoughts. Even though I was sure of my plans, I told him,” Im not really sure. But mom and dad said I’d be free to spend it in any way that I want to…” I trailed off, thinking deeply.

My dad suddenly came into the room,. “Hey kids, just wondering. Would you like to go out? Marie and I are going to town to take a break, interested?” Why the hell did dad have to call us kids, and it was weird enough that he used mom’s first name.

But if he didn’t then that would probably make Craig and I sibling, which I clearly did not like. “Im feeling tired, go have fun with mom,” I replied. Dad seemed okay with it. “How ‘bout you Craig?” Craig looked at me then at dad. “Im with her,” he politely declined, smiling. Dad muttered something under his breath and left the kitchen.

Craig and I lingered in the kitchen, waiting for my parents to leave. When they finally did, Craig pulled me into a hug. It was sudden, but pleasant.  I wrapped my arms around his cold waist, leaning m head against his chest.

I wondered if I should tell him. About my feelings for him. I was afraid that he might reject me or something. Or find another room for rental. But then again, I had a feeling he kind of liked me too. I mean, why else would he be holding me so tenderly? Oh God. Here goes…

“Craig?” I called, not looking up from his chest.

“Hmm…?”

“I love you.”

------------- SORRY FOR SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER. Oh and a really special sorry to 99halle, I promised to update like a week ago, but I didnt. This chapter is sucky and short, but I'll put up a longer one tomorrow or the day after, depends on my mood :P

Soooooo, I would also like to thank these people; VampireDiariesFan, bellajane3000, PandaxSaur, BrianaLysinger and last but not least katangel23 for voting/commenting/fanning!! Really appreciate it :D

Anyway, I'll be back with an update soon! (Should I update 'sold as a vampire toy' as well? Hmm...)

-Piink1397-     -----------