Drown

Whispers.

Every night for a week straight, that's all you heard. Whispers of suicide and death from the shadows. People begging for mercy upon them. Enough to make any sane man crazy.

Out of nowhere it seemed you could hear the whispers from your dream. Speaking to you, calling for you. A glowing orb circled around you and took off to your right. You chased after the blue orb, curious where it would lead you. Soon enough it stopped moving in a clearing.

In the centre of the clearing was a beautiful clear lake. You walked towards the lake which is where the whispers seemed to be coming from and peered down into the water.

Then you felt a force pushing you forward which it seceded in and you fell into the water. You turned around so you could swim forward and get out of the water, but it felt like invisible ropes were pulling you down. Looking out of the water, the orb seemed to turn red and you saw BEN starring down at you with a grin. His dark eyes filled with joy.

Your mask seemed to make breathing harder than it was and your vision quickly turned black as you passed out.

---
Voice spoke softly of their sins. Words of regrets and memories they were forced to endure. Some spoke as if they knew you. They spoke enviously.

They knew you and they spoke with envy. You had no idea how they could be jealous. They hadn't killed anyone and they hadn't had their memories removed from their body. Maybe they wanted their memories to be gone?

Emotions seemed to pool around you. From both the spirits and yourself.

---
You opened your eyes, although extremely blurry you managed to make out silhouettes of people.

A women was sitting beside you. She seemed to be only monochrome other than her eyes which were a bright cerulean blue.

Suddenly it seemed like all the memories that floated away hit you with a wave a pain. Then you began to remember everything. Before you moved and the lab. Oh you remember the lab now.

The women next to you, Jane looked concerned. Worried for your safety, she helped you from the ground.

After standing up you explained to Jane that you got all your memories back. She was happy for you. Thankful that you stopped living in a lie.

A few days passed and Jane was perfectly fine with you staying, as long as you didn't do anything to disturb the neighbours. She lived in an apartment with two other people, whom you got along with.

It was actually a refresher. Knowing what had happened at the lab really broke you down but these people seemed to understand you.

Jane and her friends were out doing who knows what and that left you alone at the apartment. It was fine with you until you heard pounding on the door. It wasn't that you were scared but it was gonna disturb the neighbour. You opened and the door and unfortunately for you it was Jeff. He was soaked in blood.

"Get in. If the neighbours see you, I will kill you." You said as pulled him inside.

"What the hell are you doing at Jane's house? Why the fuck did you run away!?" He almost yelled at you.

"I didn't run away and Jane is actually being nice and let me stay here and not rot on the streets. Or worse go to the hell you call home, seriously I'm never going back." You said.

"What did I do to make you do this?!" He yelled.

"You brought me to the lab! You killed my family!" You yelled.

He stood in awe.