Goin' Down

The following week after your encounter with Jane you still haven't been able to talk to Jeff. The thoughts of leaving still itch at you. Your mind wonders of any reason why not, but then you come across a memory. A new and unique memory. One you've never remembered.

"Hey (Nickname)!" Called out your best friend. He ran up beside you, a smile residing on his face. He put one of his arms around you. Despite your wish it was between two friends, nothing more. He soon removed his arm leaving a burning sensation where his limb was. A blush formed on your face as your heart pounded

"Let's hang out at my house. We're going to start packing up in a few days." He spoke giving a smile.

"Okay." You responded quietly. You weren't usually this quiet but he would always make you so embarrassed.

"C'mon (Nickname)!" He grabbed your wrist.

"You know I don't like that nickname. Jeff!" You lightly punched his arm. He gave a fake sad face.

You soon arrived at Jeff's house. A smile on your face. You both headed up to Jeff's room. A television stood on its stand beside a video game console. A layer of dust cover the top of it like a blanket.

"You wanna play a video game?" Jeff asked.

"Sure." You replied sitting beside him on his bed. He sat beside you, the thumping in your chest returned. He handed you one of the remotes, taking the other one for himself. His arm rubbing against yours.

A thought came into your head. Why does my heart thump like this near him? Is this what love was?

Suddenly a pang once again returned to your heart. What had happened after that or why don't you remember anything else. No wonder Jeff has been irritated with you.

Ready to apologize to Jeff to return to your friend-like relationship.

Walking towards the hallway in which the kitchen was stationed, which you knew Jeff was in, you were mere inches from entering the kitchen but s conversation reached your ears.

"What's wrong with you?" Jane spoke. You peeked through the crack of the door and there stood Jane and beside her, Jeff.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he lifted himself up to sit on the counter.

"I know your torturing that poor boy. You know he likes you." Jane said. You could tell she was angry by the tone of her voice.

"(Y/N) likes me," he laughed, "You really don't know anything about love."

"I know more than you!" Jane argued. Jeff still chuckled a little.

You didn't know who was right anymore. Another pang of pain hit your heart and you were soon feeling sad and guilty. Had you just fallen for someone who was playing you around? Maybe thats why you could never remember any sort of confessing, it was just made up. Doubtful thoughts filled your head.

Standing up, you walked away from the kitchen and from their you walked to your room.

Does he even love?