Chapter 25

Dan's POV

I passed Arin the keys and he fumbled to get them in the lock. After watching him struggle I scooted him aside and pushed the key in the lock, twisting it and unlocking the door.

We shuffled inside, Arin flipped the light switch and the office lit up.

"Another busy day." Arin grumbled.

It was around 7:00 am, we had scheduled a last minute meet up with Brian to work on Starbomb before his flight later that day. It was the earliest Arin and I had come in, in a very long time and our bodies were not very happy, nor prepared. Arin plopped himself down on the couch and pulled me on his lap, fluffing my hair.

"When will Brian be here?" I asked, zombie-like.

Arin replied with only a dead "Soon."

We didn't talk, we just cuddled up on the couch, and soon, I found my eyes drifting shut. He rested a hand on the center of my back and I felt my body loosen up and lazily flop into his warmth.

He adjusted under me and wrapped his arms around me, sticking his face in the crook of my neck. I giggled and squirmed from the feeling of his scruff on my neck and he kissed it softly. Soon we both drifted off to sleep.

One minute I was asleep, and the next I felt myself crashing onto the floor, Arin saying "Oh hey Brian!"

"What the fuck babe?" I yelled out of instinct, still not fully awake.

Brian and Arin just stared at each other and in that moment I put together why I was on the floor.

I stood up, brushed myself off and looked at the two, who were staring.

"Okay... so Starbomb." Brian said awkwardly, taking a seat across from us and setting down some papers.

I shot Arin a subtle glare and we both took our seats as well.

Brian had quickly switched subjects and explained some ideas he had and played a few tracks for us as we took turns rapping and singing our parts. Things seemed to be going very well and we nearly had another song done.

"So here Danny comes in with the old man part." Brian said, pointing the butt of his pen at me.

I sang through it and Arin followed with his part. We repeated through it, trying out different voices for the old man and commenting on what we liked and disliked. Things were going very well and the energy in the room shifted back to a more comfortable one.

Brian didn't seem to remember the awkward moment before, or maybe he was just dialed into the music. He and Arin were sharing ideas while I was watching the two. I couldn't help it but a smile crept across my lips. I loved spending time with the two of them. Work seemed more like play with them around.

We continued our session until Suzy joined us in the room a couple hours later. Brain and Suzy exchanged their greetings and we decided to take a well earned break for a bite to eat. It was around 9 a.m now and we were starving. Brian's flight was around noon so we decided to catch up with him before he had to go, business aside.

"Arin... could I talk to you?" Suzy squeaked, obviously nervous.

"Totally, to the kitchen?"

Suzy's POV

"I'm really sorry about that argument." I mumbled, scratching the back of my neck.

"It's fine Suz, I was overreacting, I shouldn't have accused you." He seemed genuine, which wasn't a shock. Arin always was genuine with me, always genuine with everyone which made lying to him even harder.

"We good?" I said forcing a smile. I couldn't bear to look in his eyes knowing I was trying to deceive him.

"Yeah. We good." He smiled, again genuine, and again causing a sting. He set his phone on the counter and pulled me into a warm hug.

His smell, same cologne he wore when we were dating. I sighed, relaxed and buried my face into his soft tee shirt. He kept his arms around me as I savored this moment.

'I really miss you Arin...' I thought, letting him go and breaking our hug.

My eyes shot to his phone. Face down right in front of the microwave. He looked over to Dan and Brian and as his head was facing the two, I slid his phone under the appliance with my elbow. Everything in me said to stop doing stuff like this but I was scared if I didn't Britt would be pissed. Dan waved Arin over and the three disappeared into a recording room.

I pried the phone out from under the microwave and locked myself in the bathroom, panicking internally the whole time.

Now I had his phone but no idea what to do with it. I dialed up Britt for instructions.

'God I don't want to do this' I thought, taking a sigh and pressing my phone to my ear, listening to it ring.