Chapter 3

Danny's POV

I woke up and was still in Arin's arms.

'Fuck' I thought 'We can't tell anyone about this.'

I slid out of his arms and went to the living room. I sat on the couch and grabbed my nearly-dead phone and checked it.

A text from Barry, who I didn't warn I wasn't coming home. It was 11 or so now and I was waiting for Arin to get up so we could take my car.

I found an outlet and plugged in my phone.

"Man, I had the craziest fuckin' dream last night." He said, running his fingers through his hair as he entered the room.

"It wasn't a dream." I said, in a monotone voice, standing back up and setting my phone on the counter.

"Oh." He said quietly, obviously picking up on my demeanor. "You alright?"

It was much easier to just tell him what was going on rather than to hide it.

"I'm confused." I spoke.

"About?"

"You."

"We can just forget this even happened man." He said, embarrassed. His face grew red but not as red as mine.

"Arin?" I said, shakily.

"Dan?" He replied.

"I don't think I want to forget."

"But you ju-"

"Kiss me?" I interrupted.

"What?" He asked.

"Kiss me." I said, this time more of a command than a question.

'I need to figure out how I feel about him. This is the only way I'll know.'

"I don't think that's a good idea Dan." He said.

"Arin." I trailed off.

We closed the gap between us and our lips linked.

I wrapped my arms around him and brought our bodies closer together. He deepened the kiss with me and put his hand gently on my chin. My mind was racing my my body kept making the choices that felt natural to it. My body moved smoothly and precisely without the help of my brain. Autopilot switched on while my brain floated off in a panic.

We broke apart and looked into each other eyes. I snapped out of his gaze and my eyes darted around the room frantically. My fears and racing thoughts started to catch up with me and pull me back into reality. My arms were still shakily around him and his hand was hovering against my chin, like he couldn't decide what to do next.

He closed the gap again and our lips moved together. I melted into his touch but my heart still was pumping. I almost felt high. Like the world was moving so fast around me.

'This feels right.' I thought. 'Right?'

We broke apart again, and this time I let go of his body. His hand gently slid away from my chin and fell back against my side. I pushed out of his grasp gently and took a seat. I felt sick and dizzy. It wasn't that I regretted or didn't like what had happened it just scared me. Not only was I having my first gay experience, it was also with one of my best friends and coworker. Finding my sexuality and possibly ruining a friendship was not a good mix. My face felt hot as I tried to settle my mind.

'I need to figure this out.' My heart was pounding in my chest I was confused. I felt a guilty sinking in my chest. This is life changing. I could ruin my relationship with him... or build a totally different one with him.