Chapter 19

Arins POV

My phone had 3 notifications. I usually didn't have many so I was kinda confused. I assumed it was about grumps, though I wasn't sure what anyone would need from me, we all had our own things figured out.

I had a towel around my hips and picked up my phone.

They were from Suzy.

'Suzy?' I questioned in my head.

Arin, I saw you and Dan so happy together and I don't know why but it upset me. I don't know what's going on with me but I need to talk to you.

'What?!' I was pissed. 'As soon I start being happy again she comes in and fucks with my feelings.'

I know you don't wanna hear it, since I broke up with you, but I miss you. We had something great. I need you in my life again.

Arin? Can you please call me?

No.

'I can't do this' I got dressed and laid on my bed. 'Fuck.'

"Hey," Dan said, walking in my room "Woah, your face is super red. Are you okay?"

I nodded. I couldn't tell him what was going on.

'I think I miss her too.' I thought, rubbing my hair. 'But Dan.'

I was so conflicted. I thought Dan was perfect, my everything, but... Suzy. Her and I did have something great. So we could have it again, right?

"Arin?" He sat next to me "Please tell me what's going on."

I sighed and handed him my phone.

"Oh." Dan said, he sounded broken. "We should take a break..."

Maybe he was right... Maybe we did need a break, but maybe if we did he wouldn't come back.

"I don't wanna lose you, Dan." I had tears in my eyes. "I'm so confused.. I just..."

I broke down crying. I felt awful.

"Don't cry." He said quietly.

"I'm so sorry, Dan. I don't want to lose you. I don't think I want Suzy.. but I don't know what I want."

"Go talk to her and see what she has to say."

"Will you stay here?" I didn't want him to be gone when I came home. I wanted him there so I knew he wouldn't do something stupid and that he wouldn't avoid me.

"Sure." He mumbled.

"Thank you." I stood up and grabbed my keys and went for the door.

"Wait." He said, standing up and walking over to me.

He pecked my lips and petted my hair. Tears were forming in his eyes. "Good luck."

I nodded and left, getting in my car and calling Suzy.

"Hey, where are you."

"At home."

"Okay, I'm coming over."

"Really?!" She sounded so excited.

"Yeah. I'll be there in a bit, bye."

I hung up the phone and pulled out of my drive way and headed to her house.

I got there and went to her door. She was already waiting for me. She was wearing one of my sweat shirts and jeans.

"Hey!" She smiled "Come in!"

I followed her inside and sat next to her on the couch.

"Lemme get you something to drink." She said and went to the kitchen.

'I shouldn't be here.' I thought, bouncing my knee 'This is wrong. I wanna go home.'

I took out my phone and texted Dan.

This was a bad idea. I wanna come home...

Suzy came back in and handed me a glass of water.

"How've you been?" She said with a smile.

"Alright." I said, hoping my phone would go off. "How about you."

"Honestly, awful. Ever since we broke up I've been super depressed."

I didn't say anything. I felt uneasy.

Tears swelled in her eyes. "Arin, I need you. Please?"

I sat there silently again.

"Say something. Don't you miss me? You can't actually like Dan, he was just to make me jealous and it worked, Arin. We can be together again."

"No. I do actually like Dan." I shot back at her.

"Then why are you here?!" She yelled at me. "You can't be serious. You don't actually like him, you're not gay."

"I wanted to hear what you had to say. I thought maybe I did have feelings for you again but you're just a bitch." I stood up and went to the door.

"Arin, Please I'm sorry, I've been so depressed, I need you." She begged.

"You've been depressed!?" I spat at her. "You fucked my life for almost a year. I started fucking drinking! You left me and now I can't even trust the person I'm in a relationship with. Thanks to you I'm here and Dan's feelings are hurt. He loves me and I can't bring myself to tell him I love him too because I'm scared he'll leave me like you did."

"Arin, I-"

"No." I cut her off. "I don't wanna fucking hear it. I'm leaving."

I walked out and slammed the door behind me. I got in my car and called Dan.

At this point I was crying.

"Hey. How'd it go?" He asked, quietly.

"Awful" I said, sniffling.

"Are you crying?"

"Yeah..." I pulled out of her driveway. "I'm sorry."

"Why?" He sounded a little happier.

"Cause I didn't realize the person I really wanted was right in front of me."

"It's okay Arin." He said sincerely.

"I'll tell you what happened when I get home."

"Okay, be careful."

"Okay, bye." I hung up the phone.

I felt relieved that I knew what I wanted. I hated being confused. I just wanted to go back and be with Dan.

A/N Here you guys go! Updates might be kinda slow, I have school soon and I need to relearn how to read bass music so that's fun.. not.
I also have a little secret project in the works so that's cool. Uhmmm Oh! I've been listening to Skyhill non stop and you guys should too. If you dont know, that's Dan's old band so cool yeah.