Chapter 8

Danny's POV

Arin stepped in the shower and I followed in after. The water was lukewarm. I adjusted the temperature to my liking.

The shower head was a large over head spout. The water easily fell over both of our bodies without forcing Arin and I to be directly on top of each other. The tub under us was big with jacuzzis and was a creme color.

I shampooed my long brown hair and watched as Arin did the same. He still had a faint blonde streak, remains of an old, broken relationship. I liked to think it showed their still burning friendship, but what did I know? He noticed me watching his hands blend through his hair and smiled at me. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and rinsed my hair. When I opened my eyes, Arin was stood closer to me and pecked my lips. I pulled his body to me and felt his warm bare skin against mine. He slipped his tongue into my mouth and rubbed my lower back.

'God, you're a good kisser.' I thought and moaned into his mouth. I could feel his smile.

He pulled our lips apart, biting my lower lip and pulling it back before letting it slip back into place with my other. He gave me a smug half smile and washed his body.

I looked to him, hoping he would come back. He winked at me. He rinsed his body as I lathered mine. Just then the water turned cold.

Arin reached across me and turned the water warmer. "Fuck."

I shivered against him as the last drop of warm water came out, before the stream turned pure cold. We both hurried to rinse ourselves and got out, wrapping up in towels and shivering close to each other.

Arin's POV

'How can I do this so easily?' I thought. 'I need to ask him about her.'

He smiled at me and pecked my lips. He began dressing, giving me an opportunity to be sucked back into my thoughts.

'I could just read their texts, easier than asking him.'

I changed clothes and went into the living room whilst he dried his hair.

I grabbed his phone.

'Fuck. A lock.'

I frantically began typing in possible codes, each failing.

"Arin?" I heard Dan "Why are you looking through my phone?"

He sounded so pissed.

"I- uh." I stumbled across my words.

"Seriously Arin?" His arms were crossed tight against his chest. "We just started dating and you already don't trust me?"

I was ashamed. "Who is she?"

"Brit?"

I nodded.

"My ex."

"Why'd she call?"

"I'm not sure." He had no expression.

"I'm sorry Dan..." I sighed and handed him his phone. "I don't know what came over me."

He nodded and walked back to the bathroom.

'Fuck. Great way to start a relationship."

I walked to my room and dried my hair in my towel. I laid down with a sigh. I was upset. Having Dan mad at me made me feel uneasy. Like I had a knot in my stomach. It made me feel like a weight was pressing on my back and eyes. I was ashamed. I wanted nothing but to make it up to him. My heart physically hurt.

I closed my eyes and even though I just woke about an hour ago I fell asleep.