Chapter 20: Falling for me

My head throbbed, and the rest of my body didn't feel any better. My eyes fluttered open and I saw a white ceiling, the light was dim but this was not my room. I heard rain outside it was heavy and it was loud. What had happened? I looked down at myself, I was wearing a big tee shirt that went down to my mid-thighs.

On the end of the bed was a red dress. It looked familiar. It was dirty and then there were silver heels on the floor. Right then the memories came flashing back to me. I sat up and rubbed my head. Where am I though?

"You're awake." Adam says walking in to the room.

"Yeah I just woke up. Where am I?"

"My room."

"What happened? After I fell I mean."

"Don't worry about it."

"What do you mean don't worry about it? I have to worry about it. What happened to Shawn? Why do you have a huge purple bruise on your face?"

"Shawn is taken care of okay, that's all that you need to know. He won't bother you anymore."

"What did you do?"

"I didn't kill him. His dad found out about it and he is going to send him away for a while."

"Thank god. What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yeah I mean did you get in trouble for... taking care of him?"

"By my mom, she wasn't mad but she didn't like Shawn and I fighting."

"Oh. I better call my mom and dad so they won't be worried."

"Don't worry about it, I called them."

"Thank you Adam. I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"It's my fault that this is happening."

"Yeah it is."

He laughed and then apologized. We just stared into eachother's eyes for the longest time. I then broke the silence.

"So how did I get into this shirt?"

"Don't worry about that either."

We went back to staring at eachother. He even looked cute with a bruise on his face. I raised my hand and fixed his hair. He moved forward and his face was just mere inches away. I could feel his breath. His hand cupped my cheek as he pulled me closer to him. His eyes were on my lips. I leaned in another inch and our lips touched.

Our lips moved slowly, I felt butterflies, forget the butterflies I felt the whole zoo in my stomach. I was tugging at his hair softly. There was a warm feeling in my heart. My heart was racing and my mind was completely clear. I stopped hearing the rain.

We pulled apart and I suddenly felt cold. He rested his forehead against mine and began to whisper.

"I have to tell you something," he whispered silently, "I..."

He stopped and pursed his lips. His eyes were unreadable but his emotions and expressions seemed vulnerable. I could sense that he had something important to tell me.

"Never mind."

"No Adam what was it?"

"Something stupid."

He told me to rest and I did. I fell asleep immediately.

When I woke up I was in my room. On my bed. I was alone and it was like five in the morning. Did I dream what had happened?