Chapter 3: Back Home

I look around the empty room and sigh. My last suitcase was already in the car. Today I go back home. I will miss my aunt but I already miss my parents. I want to go back home and visit the places I liked. My school life may have not been the best there but I enjoyed the time I spent with my parents.

After three years of being here I got a change of look and I look like a whole different person. I don't think my parents will recognize me. I look better, if I do say so myself.

"Kim are you ready to go?"

"Yes aunt Crystal, I'll be right down." The door shuts and it's silent.

I take a last look at my old room and smile. I head downstairs and grabb my leather jacket. I put it on quickly and head outside where my aunt is waiting patiently inside the car. I get in and buckle up.

"Are you exited?"

"I am actually."

"Well right now we have a long ride ahead of us so get comfortable."

I smile and nod. The first two hours of driving are of my aunt and I talking. When we have nothing to talk about she plays her music on the radio as I play mine on my phone. I don't have social media because it's kind of boring and a waste of time. I always read on my phone and that takes up all of my time.

I have done alot of things that I thought I would have never done before. My character has changed I am more out of my comfort zone and let me tell you something, I am not afraid to defend myself anymore. I think I have developed in a way that helps me.

When I was away I realized that I can't let people treat me poorly for their own amusement. So I decided to make a change and that was the whole reason as to why I decided to change.

The next few hours were not interesting. I slept and then I was shooken awake by my aunt. We stopped to eat and stretch.

"What are you getting?" My aunt asked.

"A..." I stopped to yawn, "burger and fries."

We ate in the car while driving. Car rides are horrible I hate them. I get car sick very quickly. I have to open a window and breathe.

********

"Honey, we're here."

My eyes flutter open and I see my house right infront of me. I wipe my eye as I stepp out and stretch. My parents are outside now greeting my aunt.

"Where's our daughter?" My father asks.

"I'm Kimberly, parents."

"Nope. Did you leave her?" My mother asks my aunt.

"Mom I am right here."

"We're just messing with you. My, you changed alot." My father says.

"Yeah the last time we saw you, you begged us to buy you a unicorn and rainbow shirt." My mother said laughing.

"Yeah I was dumb back then."

My aunt stretches dramatically and I yawn.

"Oh you two must be tired. Well come in."

We step into my house. It had its usual smell of caramel, my mom always lights candles that smelled like that, she loves the smell of caramel. Not much has changed except a big poster that welcomes me.

When I step into my room it's the same as I left it.

The walls are a light gray. My bed comforter is white with gray designs. The window couch has light blue throw pillows with all sorts of designs. I step in and put my bags down. I miss my room so much. I slip off my shoes and throw myself on my bed. I immediately fall into a deep sleep.

When I awake it's bright outside. I stand up stretching and open my bedroom door. My mother is already downstairs cooking breakfast. She is rushing which means she most likely is going to work.

"Good morning, mother." I say reaching into the fridge.

"Honey you're up early. Sorry but I have to go to work."

"It's fine."

"Oh I better get going it's getting late. You know where everything is. Ask your aunt if she can take you to pick up your schedule."

"Schedule? What schedule?"

"For school. What did you think you weren't going to school?"

"No, but why so soon?"

"I don't want you to get behind. You start on Monday. Bye see you later."

"Bye," I say even though she is already gone.

I am not ready for this. I am very sure that most of the people from my middle school are now attending the high school I am going to go to.

My aunt wakes up sometime around eleven. She tells me to take her car to pick up my schedule because she wants to stay home. I agree and before I leave to school I make sure to try and make myself looking at least a bit decent. I still had bed hair and I had my long sweats on along with a plain black tee with a small paint splotch somewhere in the back.

I shower and get ready to go. I put on some ripped black jeans, a black and red flannel shirt, red high tops, my black leather jacket, and a beenie. I brushed my long brown hair and left it in its usual wavy way. I grabbed my phone, shoulder bag, and my aunt's keys.

I left my house right before one and arrived at school ten minutes later. The parking lot was packed and I couldn't find a parking space. I just parked in the visitors parking space. I exited the car and reached the front doors of the huge high school. I opened the door and walked in. It looked good I guess. It looked huge, even bigger than what it looked like from the outside. I stepped into the office and talked to the office lady.

"Hello my name is Kimberly Zanders I am a new student."

She clicks around and types. She finally looks up and smiles.

"Ah yes Kimberly. Here is your schedule, school map, locker number and combination."

I took the papers she held out to me and smiled even though I was not happy. I mean who would be happy to start high school with a bunch of kids that used to bully you and may do it again.

"You can look around now if you want and learn the way to your classes."

"Okay thanks."

I walk out of the office and head to my aunt's car. I don't feel like walking around a huge high school. I'd rather go home or go out somewhere to remember old times. I took a look around the school for a bit before I gave up and left. Doing things how you are supposed to and not skipping is for nerds and I am not a nerd anymore, right?