Chapter 1: The Story

Let' start this story from the beginning shall we?

I make my way to my classroom my head is down and I clutch my books tightly to my chest. That way nobody can throw them on the floor. When I finally get through the big crowds of kids in the halls I rush into my classroom. I take the front seat closest to the teacher's desk. I don't sit in the back because I don't slack and play on my phone the whole time.

I start on my work early so I can have time to read. When the bell rings the classroom starts to get full. Just like everyday Shawn gets here last. He isn't a big fan of on time or early except when it deals with football. He sits in the middle of the class and around him sit his friends and a girl named Vera. They have been dating since last week and they barely even talk.

Vera is in cheerleading she just started but she has had tumbling and dance classes since she was like five. She's pretty. She has strawberry blonde hair that reaches the middle of her back. Pretty green eyes and eyelashes that she covers in mascara. She doesn't seem to care about the dress code because her shorts are always too short and her shirts are always too see-through or low. Her lips are coated with a neon pink lip gloss that she wears every day.

She is like meant to be with Shawn. They are both popular and sporty. They are kind of also arrogant and very judgmental. Their group of A-listers always hang around them and they don't let anyone in their circle. They are all rich and spooled brats.

I used to think Shawn was different though. Why? Well because he sometimes smiled at me and he would wave or say hi. He was also in my third grade class and we used to be friends. Third grade was back when there were still no populars or jocks. Everyone was friends until we got to sixth grade. That's when band started and many sports.

We stopped talking and we barely saw each other. Now in middle school I have one class with him and I see him in the halls and during lunch. I have not had a full conversation with him this year because he doesn't get near me. He thinks he has a reputation to withhold and if he was seen talking to a big nerd like me it would all be ruined.

One day though everything changed. I had just arrived to class and he was there. He sat on a table scrolling down his phone. I entered the classroom and he smiled when he saw me.

"Kimberly, hey how are you?"

"Uh... good thanks."

It was weird that he even talked to me but I was happy. I kind of had a crush on him since third grade. I never told him because I was scared. I got over it somewhat but ate the start of this year my crush came back up. Shawn was cute and he was nice so why not?

"We haven't talked in a while."

"Yeah ever since you turned popular you ditched me." Yeah, I am not saying that.

"Yeah I know."

"Do you maybe want to hang out this weekend?"

To me this was like a dream come true. Shawn, my crush was asking me to hang out. My answer was obvious.