Chapter 19- (Insert all curse words here) Situations

"Each life is a story. It is already written since the beginning of time, hence destiny."

~♡~

Asher's POV.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

After I told her I'm giving her my share of questions she has been really quiet, just staring into the ocean. I would've wanted to look into her eyes and see any emotion but she would avoid.

"What's your history with Kristen?" she asked.

To say I was surprised was an understatement. I thought she would ask who my stepdad was, why haven't I told her anything, what's the connection between my stepdad and her mom but she wanted to know first my history with Kristen.

A bitter smile crept it's way to my face as I remembered the exact moment when everything about my friendship with Kristen became complicated, and I decided it was best to tell it to Airell.

(Throwback a few years ago)

"Ash!" I heard a very familiar voice call me as I was leaving our house and as I turned my smile turned into a grin.

"Hey, Kris!" I waved.

She came near me and gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. Being bestfriends with her since highschool, this became an all too familiar greeting.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her as I broke free from her hug.

"I came to give you this. Your advance birthday gift," she answered all too excitedly and handed me a small wrapped box.

"My birthday is not for 2 weeks, remember? And you really didn't have to give me anything," I told her, trying hard not to accept her gift without hurting her.

"Oh, come on, Ash. Just accept it, okay? Think of it also as a thank you gift for all the years of friendship," she explained and gave her infamous puppy eyes.

I sighed at her stubbornness and accepted her gift.

"Well?" she said, "Open it!"

"Always the impatient one," I chuckled and opened the gift.

I tore the gift wrap and opened the small white box. Surprise was written all over my face as I saw what she intended to give me.

"A key to a Porsche?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes!" she exclaimed, "And, its color is silver! I'm sure you'll love it! It's a -"

"Kris, what were you thinking?" I cut off whatever she was about to say, "A car?"

"Why not? I just wanted to let you feel how special you are to me,"

"I can't accept this, Kris. I'm sorry," I told her as I handed her the key.

Sadness was definitely evident in her eyes as she accepted the keys, and I hate it. But as much as I hate seeing it in her eyes, I definitely don't want to accept something as extravagant as a car from her.

"Ash, are you really that heartless? Or are you just plain dumb?" she whispered as she stared at the ground.

"What?"

She looked up and I saw tears glisten her eyes.

"Ash, can't you see? I kept telling you how special you are to me. Damn, since highschool you always had a special place in my heart. Little did I realize that what I felt was never meant to be felt towards a friend. It was so much more," she said as tears started to fall from her eyes.