Chapter 15

Britney took a seat at the nearest table, and Zac sat next to her. He stroked hair out of her face, and looked her in the eyes. " You okay?" He asked her, noticing the tears that were falling down her cheeks.

" Yeah. I just... I don't get what I did to deserve that shove. I mean, it's not like I forced you to cheat on your wife. You did that on your own." She wiped at her tears as a waiter came up to them, asking if they were ready to order.

Gazing at the menu quickly, they placed their orders and then Zac gave her a serious look. " I wanted to talk to you about that, Britney. And I hope you'll give me a chance to have my say before you interrupt me."

She nodded, although she really didn't want to hear it. Knowing what he was about to say, she just sat there silently.

" You are so beautiful, Britney. And I... I had an amazing time with you last night. But it shouldn't have happened. I'm not saying I totally regret it, because it was a long time coming. I just... I imagined it happening with your sister Kaitlyn. I really care so much about her."

" So you don't want to see me again? It was a one night stand?" Tears rolled down her face, and she continuously wiped them away.

" I know this will sound stupid and lame, but..." He should have expected what came next when he was interrupted by her, but how she did it came as a surprise. She didn't throw water at him, but hot coffee. He jumped up from his seat when she did it. " Damn it, Britney!"

" You deserved that. I hope you burn in hell, Zac." She snapped, and stormed her way out of the restaurant.

Deciding to take all of the food to go, he paid for the meal and had it all boxed up. Going back to the hotel, he ate up part of the omlette he had ordered and some on the pancakes and bacon she had ordered. But not before hopping into a quick shower to wash off the coffee and changing into something else.

_________________________________________________

Taylor was now at the studio with Isaac, and they were getting done what they could without Zac. They had worked some on their vocals, and were trying to get some writing done as well. Both could hardly concentrate on it, as both were thinking about the whole Zac thing. Finally after an hour or so of working, they gave up.

" Alright. What are we going to do about this? Are we going to tell Kate, or let her figure it out?" Taylor asked, taking off the headphones. He turned around to face his brother, who lay down his guitar.

" I don't know, Tay. It would be best if she were to learn it from him, or just by herself. But she doesn't deserve to keep getting lied to either, which is what I think he'll just do. He'll go home, and not say a damn thing and she will go on thinking everything is okay." Isaac looked back at him, not really sure of himself.

" I know. That's the sad part. All of this time everything was fine. They were moving on from the whole Kaitllyn thing. But now... it's progressed into something so much worse."

" It really has. I even told Nikki everything, and now she's here to support me. But she is pissed as hell. She would have beat Britney up this morning I think if I had let her." He told Taylor what happened that morning at breakfast, who was surprised to hear how it turned out.

Taylor should have known Isaac was talking to his wife about it. Those two talked about everything. They never had any secrets. The fact that Nikki had been ready to beat Britney up was no surprise to him, but the fact that she had stood up for Kate was a bit of a surprise. Those two weren't exactly close. " This is totally insane."

Before their conversation could continue, they were surprised to see Zac come into the studio. He came in with red puffy eyes, as though he had been crying. When they really looked at him, they noticed he really had been. He looked at them sadly. " Before either of you really say anything, I just... I want to say I'm sorry. Tay, I shouldn't have lost it on you the either day and beat the crap out of you. You have more right to Kaitlyn and I know it. I think I just lost it because you are free to have her and I'm not." He looked at Taylor, and started crying. " I don't want to fight anymore with you. Your my brother and I love you."

Taylor nodded, and hugged his brother. He could see that Zac meant it. " You realize you have to tell Kate what happened between you and Britney, don't you? You can't hide it from her, man. She would just somehow find out on her own, and it would be so much worse then."

Zac nodded. " I know. I'll tell her somehow. She's going to be so pissed and probably divorce me. I won't ever see my kids again."

Isaac gave Zac a hug as well. " You don't know that, Zac. As long as you are honest with her, you might be surprised. And as far as the whole Britney thing goes, what happened with her after me and Nikki left you this morning?"

Zac explained to them the scene that took place and they couldn't help but laugh a little at the situation. Although it pissed him off that they could laugh at a time like this when he was trying to apologize, he didn't say anything.

Taylor looked at his brother seriously. " Look, I really like Kaitlyn. I would like to keep seeing her, if it won't hurt you too much. But if you want me to stop..."

" Just treat her right. That's all I ask, Tay. Don't hurt her." Zac interrupted him. " Or I just might have to beat you up again. She deserves to be with someone who will make her happy, who isn't married."

" I promise I will take good care of her. You just worry about your marriage, man. Kate loves you so much and you know she does." Taylor smiled at him.

Now that things were a bit settled, the three of them got to work in the studio. They laid down a couple of tracks that day before heading back to the hotel.