Chapter 3

Kaitlyn stood in the doorway of Britney's room, watching her older sister pack up a suitcase. She was trying to talk her out of leaving, but having no luck. Britney insisted she just couldn't continue living with Miranda anymore, or she would end up losing her mind. " You can't just leave us, Britney. I... I can't take care of Miranda by myself." Tears formed in her eyes at the thought of Britney leaving. " Please don't do this." She begged.

" Did you see what she just did to me? She beat the hell out of me, sis!" She exclaimed. " I'm not doing this anymore. I just am not! You are going to have to figure something out, because I am out of here. I can't stay with her another minute." Britney closed up her suitcase, and pushed past Kaitlyn with it in her hands. " Sell the house or whatever. I am out of here."

" Britney, you... you can't leave me here with her! I can't do this without you!" Kaitlyn cried, chasing after her. She made a grab for her, but Britney dodged her.

" Sorry Kaitlyn. I can't do this anymore." Britney walked out the front door, leaving Kaitlyn and Miranda behind.

Kaitlyn stood there screaming at her to come back, but she just threw her suitcase into the trunk and got in. Chasing after the car as she drove off, Kaitlyn broke down. She gave up running after a few moments, and fell to her knees. She sobbed into her hands, tears streaming down her face.

Miranda came outside to see her sister in the middle of a breakdown. She came up behind her and wrapped her arms around her. Giving her a big hug, she kissed Kaitlyn on the cheek. Tears ran down her own face as she realized what had happened. She had driven Britney away, breaking up the only family she had. "I'm... I'm sorry, Kaitlyn. I never meant to..."

" Just leave me alone." Kaitlyn pushed her away, and made her way to her feet. " I'm going for a walk. Don't follow me." Walking away, her cell phone rang. She looked to see a number she didn't recognize. Not bothering to answer it, she went right on walking.

____________________________________________________

Zac and Kate had been trying to get a hold of Kaitlyn the last couple hours, and had no luck. Both were worried about her, and as they decided to go looking for her, Taylor watched over Junia and Shepherd. They looked up her address and drove to the house. Miranda opened the door in shock to see Zac Hanson at the door. He asked to see Kaitlyn, and she told him that Kaitlyn had gone for a walk what seemed like hours ago, and she hadn't heard from her since. Desperate to find her then, he asked if she could take him around town and look in the usual spots for her.

Miranda grabbed her purse and took the keys to Kaitlyn's car. She gave Kate some idea's where to go look, and drove around town herself with Zac. He was panicked now. In just a matter of hours he had to leave for his tour to continue, but he couldn't even concentrate on that now. He listened to Miranda's story of what happened between the three of them as they looked, and he grew angry at her for her actions as well. It was because of her actions that Kaitlyn was missing.

They finally found her at a secluded spot by the lake, where she loved to go when she just wanted to be alone. Zac ran up to her when he saw her, and she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. He took her into her arms, and gave her a big hug. " It's okay, Kaitlyn. I promise. I'm going to take care of you."

She sobbed into his shoulder. " How... how did you find me?" She asked.

" Miranda took me around town. Me and Kate looked up your address, and Miranda told us you never came back from your walk. We were worried when we couldn't get a hold of you." He told her.

Miranda stood a few feet back, watching her sister hold onto Zac tightly for comfort. Tears came to her own eyes. She felt bad as she saw her sister break down once again.