Chapter 11

Zac stood at the doorway, pounding at the door to Kaitlyn's room. He had a hell of a hangover from all his drinking the previous night, but right now he didn't care about that. He wanted to talk to her about her night with Taylor. It pissed him off that his own brother could do that to him. It also hurt him that when he knew they had something between them, that Kaitlyn could do such a thing. He didn't care that it started because they were drunk, he felt there was something more to it than that and wanted answers.

" Zac, I'm a little busy. We'll talk later." He heard her call out to him.

" No. I want to talk to you now, Kaitlyn. I'm not leaving until we've talked." He pounded on the door again.

It was quiet, and he hoped that meant she was going to answer the door finally. She did open the door a moment later, and he could tell she was angry. " Before you say anything, I..."

" Zac, I have had more than enough of your attitude. You are married for crying out loud! Stop acting like a baby over what me and Taylor did. Me and him are grown up's and we will do whatever we please. Now go away." She snapped, interrupting him.

She started to slam the door on him, but he stopped her and made his way into the room. He saw Taylor sitting on the edge of the bed, his shirt unbuttoned. " I can't believe this! What the hell do you think you are doing, Tay! She is my..."

" She is not your property, Zac. You can't lay claim to her when you are married to Kate!" Taylor yelled at him.

Zac balled his hands into fists and went flying at him. He threw a punch to Tay's face, hitting him right on the eye. Taylor tried to defend himself against his brother, but Zac was too enraged to let him get a single hit in. He threw another punch at him, right on the lip. Kaitlyn screamed at him to stop, but he didn't listen. " You stay away from Kaitlyn! She is not your's."

He pushed Taylor off the bed, who fell backwards and had the wind knocked out of him.

Kaitlyn made a grab to stop his attack on Taylor, but in his anger he pushed her out of the way. He was too mad to stop now. She fell to the floor and it took her a minute to pull herself together to try again to stop him. He was on top of Taylor now, throwing punches left and right.

Luckily Isaac had heard the screaming as he was only across the way and a few doors down from her. He came in and told her to get out of the way. Pulling Zac off of Tay, he used all the strength he had to keep his brother held back.

Kaitlyn went rushing up to Taylor, who by now had two black eyes and a bloody lip. " Are you okay?" She asked him, although she knew the answer. Of course he was hurting.

" Zac, you really need to cool off right now. You have no right to beat up on Tay like that. If he and Kaitlyn are interested in each other, that is just too bad for you. You have a wife and three kids. Do you really just want to throw all that away for her?" Isaac struggled to keep his brother held back, but he managed to do so.

" He has no right, damn it. Taylor has no right to touch her." Zac tried to free himself of Isaac's grasp on him, but had no luck. He was stronger than he thought.

" I... I have every right, damn it. I'm not married unlike you." Taylor got up off the floor with Kaitlyn's help.

" Zac, we are out of here. Let's go." Isaac dragged him out of the room and left Taylor with Kaitlyn.

____________________________________________

Coming out of the bathroom with bandages, Kaitlyn sat on the edge of the bed and cleaned up Taylor's face. His lip was done bleeding now, but he had cuts and bruises all over now.

During all of this, Brett had had been laying in his bed crying. He still was. As soon as she had cleaned Taylor up, she took him into her arms and kissed him on the cheek. " It's okay, Brett. Everything is okay, now."

Taylor sat there watching her with her nephew. He smiled a little as he watched her comfort him. " Your an amazing aunt, Kaitlyn." He told her.

" I try to be." She smiled back. " Will you be okay? He really got you good."

" Yeah. I mean, I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt. Both on the inside and the outside. I never thought my own brother would beat me up like that, especially over a girl that he can't even have."

Brett looked over at him, and tears continued to flow down his face. Kaitlyn wiped at his tears. " Hey, I know he looks bad but he will be okay." She kissed him on the cheek again, and sat on the edge of the bed next to Taylor. " I'm sorry, Taylor. I... I want to... to work something out, but maybe this isn't the best idea."

" Kaitlyn, I know it may cause problems. But I really like you, and I want to try to work this out. Please don't break this off. Just give Zac some time." He wiped a strand of hair out of her eyes, and kissed her. " I can't take more heartbreak. Now right now."

She kissed him back. " Give me some time to think things through, Taylor. I... I sort of... I was seeing somebody when me and you... when we slept together. I need some time. Okay?"

He nodded. " Just know that I care about you, Kaitlyn. I know it started off as a one night stand, but I... I really do like you."

" I know. But I still have feelings for Zac too, as much as I hate to admit. Especially after all this went down." She sighed. "He had no right to beat the crap out of you the way he did. It pisses me off."

" Me and him need to eventually talk things through. But I have to admit that after this, I am kind of afraid to face him. " Taylor admitted. " Can you believe that? I'm scared of my own brother."

" I don't blame you, Taylor. He has hurt you a lot." She rested her head on his shoulder.

Brett reached out to Taylor, surprising him. With a smile on his face, he took him into his arms.

" Hey Brett. Your a pretty cute kid, you know that? Very cute."

Kaitlyn smiled. " I'll order us some room service. Stay put." She kissed Taylor on the cheek, and got up off the bed to grab the phone. She ordered omlette's with ham and cheese, bacon, and some fruit for breakfast. Along with that she ordered coffee and orange juice.