Chapter 31

As Kaitlyn drove into Tulsa, she felt a surge of excitement mingled with nerves. The city's skyline welcomed her, signaling the start of her new adventure. Following Taylor's directions, she navigated the unfamiliar streets until she reached his apartment building.

Parking her car, Kaitlyn took a deep breath to steady her nerves before gathering her belongings. She made her way up to Taylor's apartment, her heart pounding with anticipation. When she reached his door, she hesitated for a moment, her hand poised to knock.

Taylor swung the door open with a bright smile. "Hey there," he greeted warmly, pulling her into a hug.

"Hi," Kaitlyn replied, feeling relieved to see him. "I made it." She kissed him, wrapping her arms around him.

" I am so glad you are here, Kaitlyn. I have missed you so much." He said, kissing her back.

Taylor led her inside, and they settled in for the evening. Kaitlyn appreciated Taylor's hospitality and the chance to spend time together before she moved into her own place in Tulsa. As they chatted about their plans for the coming days, Kaitlyn felt a mix of excitement and gratitude for Taylor's support during this transitional period in her life.

As the evening settled in, Taylor turned to Kaitlyn with a warm smile. "So, what are you in the mood for dinner tonight? We could order something in."

Kaitlyn thought for a moment, considering her options. "How about some pizza?" she suggested.

"Great idea," Taylor replied. He grabbed his phone and quickly placed an order for delivery, making sure to include Kaitlyn's preferences. As they waited for the food to arrive, they chatted comfortably, enjoying the relaxed atmosphere of their evening together. Kaitlyn felt a sense of ease in Taylor's company, grateful for the chance to unwind after her journey to Tulsa.

They watched a movie while they ate their pizza. He had given her a few options to pick from. The Breakfast Club, Pirates Of The Caribbean, or Titanic. She had seen each one several times because they were her favorite movies. Deciding on Titanic, she put it in while he grabbed them beverages.
——————————

In the few weeks that had passed, Zac and Kate had grown even closer, and she had invited him over for dinner while their kids stayed with Diana and Walker for the night.

When Kate heard the doorbell ring, she wiped her hands on a kitchen towel and headed to the door. Opening it, she greeted Zac with a warm smile. "Hey there. Come on in," she said, stepping aside to let him enter.

Zac followed her inside, his gaze lingering on her as she returned to the kitchen. "Smells amazing in here," he remarked, watching her deftly prepare the meal.

Kate chuckled softly. "Thanks. I thought I'd make something special tonight." She glanced over her shoulder, meeting Zac's gaze. "How have you been?"

Zac leaned against the counter, a relaxed smile playing on his lips. "Busy, but good. It's been nice spending more time with the kids."

Kate nodded, her expression softening. "I'm glad. They've been asking about you." She turned her attention back to the food, checking on the potatoes in the oven. "How about you? How's work?"

As they chatted, the air was filled with a comfortable familiarity, their conversation flowing easily amidst the sizzle of cooking and the pleasant aroma of the meal taking shape. Kate couldn't help but notice the ease with which Zac was fitting back into their lives, a part of her wondering if this could be the start of something more.

When Kate and Zac sat down to enjoy their dinner, the cozy ambiance of the dining room enveloped them. The table was set with steaming teriyaki rib eye steaks, roasted potatoes, and green bean salad with bacon, accompanied by glasses of wine.

Zac took a sip of his wine before diving into the meal. "This looks amazing, Kate. You really outdid yourself," he complimented, cutting into the steak.

Kate smiled warmly. "Thank you. It's nice having someone appreciate my cooking again." She took a bite of her food, savoring the flavors. "So, tell me more about these project ideas you and your brothers have."

Zac's eyes lit up with excitement as he talked about the creative ventures they were considering. "We're definitely going to work on a new album together," he explained. "We've been writing songs and brainstorming ideas for the direction we want to take. Plus, we're planning a tour next year, hitting some major cities across the country. And there's talk of organizing a special event, maybe a music festival featuring different artists."

Kate nodded, genuinely interested. "That sounds fantastic. You guys are already so talented. I'm sure it'll be a success."

As they continued their meal, the conversation flowed effortlessly between them. Zac shared anecdotes about work, while Kate updated him on what the kids had been up to. Amidst the laughter and easy camaraderie, Kate felt a sense of nostalgia and hope, wondering if this renewed closeness with Zac could lead to something more permanent.

After finishing their hearty dinner and engaging conversation, Kate brought out a homemade apple pie for dessert. The sweet aroma of cinnamon and baked apples filled the air as she sliced generous portions for them both. They savored each bite of warm pie, and as they enjoyed their dessert, Zac and Kate discussed plans for the future.

After dessert, Zac and Kate cleared the table, their conversation lingering on the excitement of potential music projects and the joy of spending time together. As they moved closer, a spark of shared nostalgia and affection filled the room. Zac leaned in, gently brushing a stray lock of hair from Kate's face, his eyes meeting hers with a warmth that stirred her heart. With an unspoken understanding, they shared a moment of closeness that drew them towards the bedroom, where the night promised to deepen their connection in ways words couldn't capture.

They kissed once in her room, Zac unbuttoning her red blouse. Her hands went to his jeans and unbuckled them. As their kiss deepened, he continued to undress
her, eventually bringing his lips to her neck. A shiver danced down her spine as his warm breath tickled her sensitive skin. She helped him to undress, and lightly pushed him onto the bed. As she kissed his chest, he ran his hands up and down her sides, eventually flipping her onto her back to kiss her breasts and her stomach. Sliding two fingers inside of her, she moaned.

When it was over, they laid there in each other's arms happy to have reunited.