"I've lost count over the years," Damon said. The tone in his voice suggested he did not regret any of his kills. The thought of being a murderer sent shivers down my spine.

    "Maybe you shouldn't be Isadora's brother. We don't want a killer to be affiliated with her, now do we?" Kai said, challenging Damon.

    "Guys, can you stop fighting?"

    "Happy birthday Isadora," Bonnie said, placing the cake in front of me. It was covered in chocolate frosting. "Make a wish."

   I closed my eyes. I wished to get everything I deserve out of life: a proper life, a bright future, and a family. I wished to be normal. I wished to die when it is my time; I do not want to be immortal.

    I opened my eyes, "it's a good thing you skipped the song. I heard that was the worst part since you sit there awkwardly."

    "So what did you wish for?" Kai asked, leaning closer to me.

    "I'm betting she wished for Kol," Damon smirked. 

    "I didn't," I glanced at Kai to see him clenching his jaw. 

    "Let's take a field trip to the Salvatore Crypt in the graveyard. I need to show you something," Damon said.

 I need to show you something," Damon said

    I looked down at the coffin. It was dusty, and there were all sorts of bugs and dirt on it. I wiped off the cobwebs and the other dirt that rested on top of my mother's coffin. I bent down and hugged it, imagining that it was her, for so long I have dreaded the moment of seeing her coffin. I only saw it once during her service. I didn't visit her grave after. I didn't want to think of her being underground and dead. She was still alive in my heart and mind; she still lives with me.

    An arm wrapped around my shoulder as I shed another tear, "where's father's coffin?" I asked.

    "It's buried somewhere in the graveyard. Stefan and I didn't bother moving him for obvious reasons," Damon sighed.

    "Do you think my life will ever be normal again?" I asked, thinking about the wish I made earlier.

    "You're a one hundred sixty-five-year-old in a seventeen-year-old body. Nothing about that s normal, but I promise I'll do everything I can to make it feel normal. You won't be taken away from us again. Your brothers are here Isadora."

    "I just want Stefan to know I am alive, I want to see him."

    "We will tonight. if everything goes as planned, we'll leave this place, and we'll never have to go back again." Damon looked me in the eyes, "never leave my side tonight."

    "I will not leave your side tonight," I repeated.

    "Let's go, they're waiting for us," Damon said. We left the family crypt, outside Bonnie and Kai were arguing.

    "Good news. Bonbon has her powers, and there's a celestial event happening tonight. We're leaving today," Damon announced. "Happy birthday Isadora."

    "We need to find a place where the light of the celestial event hits the ground," Kai explained.

    "Follow me, I saw this patch in the forest where the light hits the ground," Bonnie said. We followed her to the place. "So anyone standing in the circle of light holding the Ascendant can then jump through the portal. We all need to be in that light."

    "Give me the ascendant Kai," Bonnie ordered.

    "How do I know you aren't going to ditch me?"He asked.

    "I won't let them," I reached for his hand, reassuring him. I wasn't going to leave this prison world without Kai.

    "I'm holding the ascendant when we go through to ensure nothing happens," Kai said.

    "Let me activate it with my blood." Bonnie took a rock from the ground, slicing the skin of her hand open.

    "Now!" Damon yelled. All of a sudden, Bonnie pushed Kai out of the spot the light from the eclipse was shining, he still had the ascendant in his hand. Then, Damon grabbed me, pushing me against him as he put his hands in the position where he could easily snap my neck.

    "I have the ascendant, so you lose either way," Kai grinned. He stood up from the ground. He lurked in the shadows of the trees.

    "You lose Kai," Bonnie said. "We will win no matter what your choice is."

    "Damon let go of me," I said.

    "Shut up," Damon ordered. "Listen, you pork rind eating freak, give us the ascendant or else I'll kill Isadora."

    He laughed, "do you really think I believe you? You aren't going to kill your own sister."

    "You killed your own family, and I have killed tons of innocent people, including our father. I killed him because he killed us, which turned us into vampires. I stabbed him right in the abdomen."

   "No, you didn't kill him," I said, shaking my head. I remembered the night Emily told me that someone killed my father using a stake, she said it was a vampire. 

    "Of course I did; I always hated him," Damon said. "You can either step into that light, but Isadora dies. Or you can give us the ascendant, but you stay right where you are, and Isadora won't be harmed."

    "Go, you can't stay. Bonnie will leave, and you'll never have the chance to leave again. He's not going to hurt me," I said, crying.

    "Why don't you believe I'll hurt her? I'll do anything to see Elena again." Damon said. He picked up a stick from the ground, he lifted it up, ready to stab me.

    "Don't!" Kai yelled. I closed my eyes, a tear rolling down my cheek. "I'll give it to you."

    "Kai," I whispered.

    He threw the ascendant to Damon, who perfectly caught it with his left hand. At the same time, Kai took a knife from his jacket and aimed it at Bonnie. She stumbled backwards, falling out of the light of the celestial event.

    "I love you, Isadora. I'm doing this for you, happy birthday," Kai said.

    I saw him cry again, and it was the last sight I saw before we were transported back to 2014.

a/n How do you guys feel about what Damon did to Isadora and Kai? What do you think of Kai's sacrifice for Isadora? I could ask hundreds of more question to you about your feelings on this chapter but that would obviously take too long. This is a turning point in this story because now Isadora is back in the real world. So leave your comments about this chapter and your predictions. As always, thank you for all the support !!