15

Elizabeth's POV

I started to make the kids coffee and me and my husband tea. I needed to fully grasp what the hell was going on in these kids minds.

Everything was way more simpler before the accident, but God does things for a reason, and as of right now, all I see are a bunch of kids not knowing what to do wth their lives.

I heard laughing and soon two heads appeared into the kitchen. The laughter stopped when they saw my unamused face.

"Can someone please tell me from start to finish since the fights what has happened" I wanted answers and I wanted them now, and my kids were going to tell me.

Darius spoke first, "well I called Meghan and Mya to have breakfast with me yesterday at a diner" I faced to Mya. She was a terrible liar so if he was lying even thought this was his opening statement, she'll tell.

"He's telling the truth"

I nodded and faced back to Darius.

"Everything was gong fine until Meghan decided to bring Lucas. After a few moments of silence the girls apologized and then me and Lucas apologized"

Mya nodded her head agreeing with what he was saying.

"I called them to clear the whole me and Mya story. Meghan never knew that we were engaged and that she was technically a rebound. After I cleared it up, Meghan told me that Delilah wasn't mine"

"What"

"You don't have a grandchild at least not now, and I kicked her out. I haven't seen her since yesterday morning"

"Who's the father"

"Her co worker" this was a lot to take in. Did I like her no, did I think the baby was Darius's, no, but I was growing onto the little one.

I grabbed the coffee mugs and and the tea cups and placed them on the table.

The each grabbed the coffee and began to ads sugar and cream, well only Mya did that, Darius drank his straight up.

"Now you two explain what I saw earlier"

"Mom were adults and as much as I'm afraid of you, I feel as if we don't have yo explain anything" Darius spoke freely. Oh young man grew some balls.

I closed my eyes. He began to clarify by what he meant. I raised my finger to symbolize that he needed to shut up, before I whopped his butt. Hey I may be white, but my son got good whoppings as a young child.

"Last time I checked, you're in my home and as far as the eye can see, me and your father are the only true adults here. Adults don't go around and hurt the ones they claim they love."  I said in a calm voice.

Darius head fell and Mya began to speak.

"We got carried away last night and this morning. With the whole thing of Delilah not being his daughter and the proposal its too overwhelming"

How can I sit here and judge them. They've been through so much. First the accident and now my son had just found out that the child that he has been claiming as his, isn't.

I grabbed the empty cups and prepared to clean them. 

"Well I'm just going to give you both a piece of advice, the heart wants what it wants and obviously your hearts wants each other. I understand that this behavior isn't common between you too, at all. Its just that you're both following your hearts and thats fine. But please don't hurt others in-between." They nodded and headed up the stairs.

Walter walked in and grabbed a cup. He filled it with coffee, and said "kids these days"

Short Update
Word Count: 623