Chapter 56: Sufferings

Start from the beginning

Just as the girl felt her voice slipping away, there was a relieving sensation as the boy's hands fell from her shaking joints. Jin became bereft of breath as he began coughing in severing rhythms. His knees began tremoring under each heave of breath as his hacks became more critical. After a moment of vain attempts to regain his breath and stop the expectorate motions, he levelled with the floor. The male continued his frantic gags and unbearable chokes until he clung to his chest, trying to soothe his inflamed lungs and stinging heart. (Y/n) remained staring at him, speechless for a full minute until reality began acting on her instincts, forcing her to crouch down beside him and support the suffocating male.

"Jin! Calm down, just breath!" However, despite the boy's best attempts, his airway seemed filled with dust and dry particles that grinded against his sore throat. "Hang on! I'll get help." As the girl jumped up from her sitting position, she built momentum to sprint out of the door to call for aid but didn't manage a full stride before she felt a tug on her wrist. She looked down at the heaving male that had grabbed onto her articulation and desperately clung on. "Jin, what are you doing?! I need to get someone-!"

"Please...don't leave me." As he used his final, functioning breath to utter his plea, the girl felt the hold on her joint completely loosening as the boy fully collapsed in silence onto the ground. (Y/n) saw his eyes signalling an inevitable loss of consciousness, and she quickly fell to the ground and shook him to maintain his lucid state.

"Jin! Don't close your eyes! Stay awake! Stay with me! Jin!" Her words seemed muddled until only the blurry sight of her lips seemed to be the only indication she was speaking, the male felt himself slipping into darkness as his entire body became numb.

The female uncontrollably tapped her foot in anxiety as she hysterically waited outside the male's room until Kaito appeared from within. "How's he doing?" She focused all her attention on the boy as he emerged from his thoughtful state and considered her.

"He'll be fine. His body just shut down when it couldn't cope with the stress it was being put through." The male took off his glasses to pinch the bridge of his nose as he felt his nerves rising. "What happened?"

"He just started coughing and then he just collapsed...I was so scared that he might have..." The girl lost her words as her anxiety took the form of the boy's weak body that she had previously been hysterically shaking when she felt a warm sensation on top of her head, directing her to look up into the reassured face of the intellectual.

"Don't worry, he's alright so you don't need to fret." He turned to leave the female to her lonesome until the girl requested his attention once more.

"Wait. Can I see him?" The boy turned to glance at her with a torn expression before sighing.

"Do whatever you want, it's not like I care..." He left the female to make up her own decision, allowing her to take a deep breath and grasp onto the handle of the room.

As she entered the domain, she was hit with the warm air of the area. Taking notice of the boy's laying figure on the bed, she approached the away-facing male and stood beside the edge of the mattress as she stared at his back. "Jin...? Are you alright?" Her response was given in the form of a slight nod. (Y/n) scratched her nape as she pondered on what she could say that would cause an effect on the boy. "So you're feeling better?" She received the same reply, diminishing her hopes of getting anywhere with the male. She prepared to leave the room until an idea popped into her head that might break through his barriers.

Jin heard a clattering and shuffling sound emerging from behind him, and afforded a glance to witness what the female was doing, only to see her shielding her act from his vision. He rolled back around as the girl turned towards him again, and reached over to place something in front of his face. The boy blinked a few times before realising she had given him a piece of paper and pen, and took the two objects to notice writing on the sheet: