[Chapter 9] Pretty Much

Start from the beginning

I gulped, "And what happens if I decline these requests?"

"Well, then she dies."

My eyes widened, "So, whichever I choose, I'm never going to see Rachael again?"

She nodded her head side to side, "Pretty much."

"You're fucking crazy!" I shouted, "I'm glad I called it off with you. You were a complete bitch to me! All throughout our relationship...dating and marriage! You're demanding, you're high maintenance, and you want to have kids when neither of us were ready! I couldn't take it anymore!"

She pouted, and then swiped the knife away from Rachael's neck and walked out of the room.

I watched as she made her way out of the room. I sighed in relief and leaped towards Rachael and took her hands in my shaky ones, "It's okay, Rachael. You're okay! She's gone!"

She smiled slightly, only to reveal that her teeth were covered in a thin coat of bright red liquid and blood began to drip from her mouth. My eyes widened in horror. Then I noticed a thin line of blood formed on her throat and began trickle down her neck, slowly staining the light blue short sleeve v-neck she was wearing.

I shrieked a girly scream, crawling back into the wall. Rachael was dead. And it's all my fault.

-Ian's POV-

I was searching for Anthony, I needed to tell him that Rachael didn't want him to come, and it was probably best if he didn't. I've looked almost everywhere, and I couldn't find him or Kalel and Rachael. There was only one more hallway left.

It was like a scary movie, there was this one hallway coming off of the one I was in and all of the lights were off and only one room was lit up. I slowly made my way down the hallway, afraid to go in the room.

When I was halfway to the lighted room, I heard a shriek. I thought it was Rachael, and I bolted down the hallway, bursting into the room.

I stumbled back at the sight I saw. I had a feeling that Rachael wasn't the one that screamed. She couldn't have. She had been cut in the throat, and the scream wasn't cut off abruptly. I followed her icy, blank stare and saw a shaking Anthony sitting against the wall.

I sat down beside him and pulled him into a side hug. I looked at Rachael and a shiver was sent down my spine. How was I going to tell Natalie? Or her parents?

"Anthony?" I croaked, looking back at him, "Can you tell me who did this to her?" I asked softly, not expecting a response.

And I was right. He didn't respond, he was unable to. He just stared at her in shock.

I sighed and helped him up, wrapping his arm around my back, supporting him as we went into the dark hallway.

"It was Kalel," Anthony mumbled grimly under his breath, "She fucking killed Rachael. And I didn't even get to say yes or no to her request."

I glanced down at him. I've never seen him so...so angry before in our entire friendship. I dared to ask, "Uh...what was her request?"

He stopped in his tracks, causing me to stop too. He dropped his arm to his side and I walked around from his side so I was facing him.

"She wanted me to forget about you guys. All of you," He glanced up at me briefly, but looked back at the ground.

I crossed my arms, "What do you mean by 'you guys'?"

"You guys. The YouTubers. All of you. She wanted me to cut off everything, no more talking to you, no more seeing you, no more anything," And with each sentence, he got quieter and quieter.

"Any other requests?" I inquired cautiously.

He waited a moment and then softly replied, "She wanted me to dump Rachael, and be with her again."

"And if you didn't agree to those, she would kill Rachael?" He nodded his head, "And you said no!?!" I yelled at him.

He gave me a look of disbelief, "Are you fucking kidding me? Rachael means the world to me and I wouldn't just let her die! I'd do anything for her!"

"Except take the knife for her..." I thought, but I guess I said it out loud, because Anthony went all out on me.

"You know what, Ian? Fuck you. I hope I'm the same fucking way if Natalie's in this kind of situation. 'Except take the knife for her'?" He mocked me. His ears were tearing up now, "I thought you were my friend!"

"I am, Anthony!" I cried.

"If I could, I would go back in time and do everything to keep her from walking away from me," He said.

"I know you would!" I agreed with him.

"No, no you don't. Because clearly to you I didn't do enough to save her," He walked past me. I turned around and watched as his walk gradually evolved into a run, him disappearing from my sight.

What did I just do?