thirteen

...
{breanna's pov}
...

"Why didn't you answer my phone calls?" I asked lying down on the couch.

"I was with Aaron..."

"Oh, did something happen ?" I asked curious.

"No Breanna..."

"Kylie..."

"I'm serious." I heard her laughing.

"I'm going to pretend I believe..." I said popping a chip in my mouth.

"Oh you know I'm serious...By the way, why did you call ?"

"I was going to ask you if you wanted to hang out..I'm home alone this week."

Once per month, my mom spends a week at my grandma's house. Since my grandpa died, my grandma refuses to leave her house so my uncles and my mom spend a week with her, keeping her company. And that makes me spend a week alone, especially now that we're on break.

I usually hang out with Kylie and sometimes she spends the night with me, but since I'm friends with Cameron, sometimes I hang out with him as well.

"Oh, I'm sorry, we can hang out tomorrow or something, but we need to go somewhere warm because it's cold as hell."

"You can come to house or..." I was saying but a strong noise interrupted me. "Wait, I think it's something in the kitchen."

I got up with the phone against my ear and walked to the kitchen. I checked everything when I noticed that the window wasn't correctly closed. The wind and rain made it hard to close.

"I'm sorry, it was the window...as I was saying..." I continued but another strong noise interrupted me once again. "I can't believe this..."

"Is everything okay ?" Kylie asked.

"Yeah, it's probably another window or door. I'll call you back in a bit." I said then hung up the phone, placing it inside my pocket.

I checked everywhere downstairs and nothing, so it had to be upstairs. I'd be lying if I said that I'm not scared because it's dark outside, the weather isn't helping and I'm alone at home. This looks like a scary movie scene where I'm just waiting for the bad guy to show up.

I opened all the doors upstairs to see if it was there. Less one. I stopped in front of my room's door, looking up while I prayed to God. I grabbed the knob and slowly opened the door. I walked inside to see the window fully opened and the curtains "flying" because of the wind.

With my eyes closed, I went next to the window and closed it. When I finished, looked to both sides and everything seemed more peaceful so I took a breath of relief.

I felt a hand on my shoulder so my first thought was turn around as quick as possible and punch it, whatever it was.

I covered my mouth with both of my hands when I saw his body on the floor without moving. Oh shit.

I grabbed my phone and quickly called Kylie.

"Emergency, I have a knocked out Cameron lying on my bedroom's room!" I panicked as I got down on my knees next to him.

"What? You guys were that wild ?" She asked laughing but suddenly she stopped. "Wait, he's back ?"

"I don't know, I mean, it seems like." I replied giving him quick and light slaps on his face. "Yap, he's here."

"You can always perform mouth-to-mouth insufflations..." She suggested but I knew her intentions.

"Next plan please." I said rolling my eyes. "Kylie? Kylie?" I kept calling but I pulled my phone away to see that it died. "Great."

"I think that her first plan is great." I heard him murmuring making me look down to see him smirking with his hand over his jawline, probably because of the punch.

"Okay bye, you deserved that punch." I said getting up and then sat on my bed to put my phone charging.

"It was cute see you all worried." He said getting up as well, laughing . "And you're not that strong to knock me out." He continued with a cocky attitude, sitting next to me.

I placed my hand over his mouth to shut him up while I put the passcode on my phone. Wow, soft lips. Okay concentrate Breanna, concentrate. I turned around and faced him.

"What happened with you ?" I asked worried and immediately his cocky smile faded.

"I don't really wanna talk about it..." He replied looking away.

"But, I was worried. I called you a lot of times and you never replied to my texts. You can tell me, you can trust me."

"Breanna, please." He interrupted me and I just looked down playing with the ring that I had on my finger.

I really want to know what happened but I also want to respect his privacy. And the fact that he won't tell me makes me even more curious and worried.

"Hey." He called, poking me in the ribs. "Aren't you even going to give me a hug? I missed you."

I looked up at him and saw him, with his hair down because of the rain, opening his arms and smiling really wide. I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his neck and he hugged me so tight.

This time without him made me realise that he's really important to me, I might say that he's one of my bestfriends that's why I worry so much about him.

"Your hair looks wet." I said pulling away from the hug, running my fingers through his hair.

"Well, it's raining outside and I entered the room through the window." He said still with his arms around my waist.

"Wait." I said unwrapping his arms and got up.

I went to the bathroom and picked a towel and then went to my mom's room to grab a clean shirt that used to belong to my dad.

...
{cameron's pov}
...

"Catch." I heard her saying and then threw me a towel and a shirt.

I rubbed my hair with the towel and then got to up to take my shirt off. I grabbed it by the back collar and pulled it off.
I looked at her and she was looking at me but quickly looked away. It's funny how awkward she gets.

"How's your mom ?" I asked as I put the dry shirt on.

"She's more than less." She replied shrugging. "She's at my grandma's this week."

"Did something happen ?" I asked worried.

"It was worse this time and I didn't know what to do...I tried to call you but you know..." She replied and I noticed that she was trying not to cry.

That made me feel bad. I wish I was here with her.
I walked next to her, wrapped my arms around her and rested my chin over her head.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Why are we being so cute to each other?" She asked chuckling, rubbing her eyes.

"I don't know, I probably got sick."

"Or maybe you just find me awesome." She said looking at me, raising an eyebrow.

"So that means that you also find me awesome." I replied with a smirk.

"Yeah, you're right, you're probably sick." She said resting a her head against my chest again and I just laughed.

...

hey,
I skipped a few days in this story , I don't know if that made you get lost or something. If you're confusing or have questions about this story you can always message me or comment here :)