"Potter's a slave to me. He'd do anything for attention, it's disgusting. Low self esteem. Too scared to."

"What's strange," The Dark Lord spoke, "is that you use occlumency quite often. What is it that you want to hide from me?"

"He can feel you," Draco said. "When you're present, he can tell. It's dangerous."

"Are you suggesting I take away your Mark?"

He wanted to beg, YES! But that would be a big mistake. He'd end up dead before he even got the entire word out. "No, please! No! I'm not saying to take it away. Please don't. There's nothing I've been more proud of. But there have been incidences where I've had close calls with Potter. And he may be infatuated with me enough to make him blind to suspicion, but if he finds out before the end of the year, when I kill Dumbledore, then... I don't know what will happen, if he'll let report me or if he'll try to take care of me himself."

"You believe you're going to fail," The Dark Lord narrowed his eyes.

"I believe Potter can be smart when he wants to be. He just hasn't decided it yet. My strategy is to keep him stupid for as long as I can. It's worked so far."

"A plan that relies on stupidity is a flawed one."

"I have back ups. There's no need to worry."

"How's your mission?"

Draco took a deep breath. "The vanishing cabinet... it's not working no matter what I do to it. The necklace would have worked if the girl wasn't with her stupid friend..."

"And what are your back up plans for that?" Draco swallowed, opened his mouth, then closed it. "I had more faith in you. It's disappointing to see you so ill prepared. Do you understand what's going to happen if you don't succeed?"

Draco looked at his parents before looking at his thumbs. His stomach twisted and he had to push back the overwhelming need to vomit.

"I have an idea myself," Yaxley said. "Poison. Give it to Dumbledore as a gift. I'm sure he likes sherry. No one will know."

"Yes," Bellatrix said. "Severus should be able to make some."

Snape had a blank face as he nodded. "I will work with Draco."

"Time is running out."

"I assure you," Draco spoke, "I won't fail."

"For your family's sake and your own, I should hope not," The Dark Lord spoke.

Draco didn't hear the rest of he meeting because he felt so sick. And when it was over, only Lucius, Narcissa, Snape and Draco remained in the room.

"Enlighten me," the snarl from Lucius's mouth echoed across the room, enough to wake him from his trance. "I don't understand the extent of your relationship with Potter. Mating?"

"It's none of your business."

Lucius reached out to hit him, but Draco read it, and ducked, reaching for his wand. Still, Lucius took it and stood close to him, enough for Draco to see the haunted soul in his eye as he stabbed his wand into his neck. "Your eyes," Lucius hissed, noticing the shade and then he backed away in horror. "Don't tell me—"

"He didn't ask for this," Narcissa stepped in.

"I won't allow it. There will be no such relationship between you and Potter."

"The Dark Lord wants it!"

"The Dark Lord doesn't understand the extent of what this means!"

"My eyes don't matter. I promise when I say, Harry and I won't be together for long regardless of what we have now."