Chapter 8 | Low On Self Esteem

a/n: hi! i'm trying (but not rushing) to get this book done so i'll try to update this as much as i can.

ERIC CARTMAN
song ; me // the 1975

After talking with Craig, I rush to Kyle's house. I make it there in about ten minutes and when I do, I don't even bother to knock on the door, I just barge in there.

Stan, Kenny, and Kyle are sitting on the couch, playing Mario Kart and I have no hesitation to grab Kenny by the collar and drag him into the kitchen, earning protests in return.

"What the fuck was that for?! I was in second place!"

"Too bad, this is way more important."

"Okay, shoot."

"So, I talked to your little boy toy, right? He's a total dumbass. Fuckin' stubborn as hell."

"What happened?"

"I talked to him, he asked a bunch of stupid questions, I got angry and called him a dick. Look, Kenny, you shouldn't hang out with him because he's with-"

"He just needs time to understand, Cartman. I'll talk to him."

"But Kenny-"

"No, Cartman. You did a lot and I sincerely thank you for it." Kenny smiles.

I sigh, "I just really don't want you to get hurt by that stupid asshole. That's why we don't hang out with Craig's gang anymore."

"I know. But I kinda wanna change that," he scratches the back of his neck, "so, yeah. I'm not gonna get hurt, dude. It's Craig Tucker."

Oh boy.

"Okay. Anyway, I gotta get home. I forgot to feed that slut of a cat."

"Mr. Kitty? Dude, why do you hate her so much?"

"'Cause she's a fucking asshole who likes to try to steal my food, Kinny." I joke.

Kenny laughs, "well, okay. See ya," he turns back and goes into the living room.

I exit the kitchen and meet an angry Kyle, "next time fucking knock, okay? Or I'll kick your ass, Fatboy."

"Shut up, Jewboy." I push past him.

When I leave the Broflovski residence, I'm immediately struck by cold air. I sigh as I make my way to my house.

The walk is quiet. No cars are out tonight, I don't really hear anything except my shoes pounding the ground and my sighs.

I really fucking hate everything right now.

As much as I do for my friends, they really don't give a shit, do they?

*

KENNY MCCORMICK

"When does basketball season start up again?" Stan asks.

"It doesn't. It's baseball season." Kyle says.

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"Isn't like, Craig the captain of the baseball team?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Hot damn." I say.

"What?"

"Nothin'. Just... nothin'." I smile.

Stan shrugs and starts talking to Kyle about something that I really don't give a shit about when my phone vibrates in my pocket.

unknown number - hey can we meet somewhere this week and talk
kenny - who's this lmao
unknown number - oh, craig

I nearly shit myself when I receive that message.

kenny - yeah!! sure
craig - ok, how about after school on thursday?
kenny - right, see ya then

"Guys, I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Oh, okay. Bye Kenny."

"Bye, Kenny."

"Bye, guys." I leave Kyle's house with a smile on my face.