3

Niall was there to meet Zayn when he first walked in the door of their shared home. "So tell me." he said dragging out the vowels. "Tell me how it was."

Zayn took off his heels and took his bag from his arm. "You really don't want to know."

"Actually I do. That's why I'm asking dude."

Zayn sighed. "It was pretty upsetting."

"What? Why?"

They turned into his bedroom. "Apparently Mr. Harry Styles likes to assume things about me and other men."

"Oh no. Don't tell me he pulled the 'I'm not gay' card out."

He plopped down on the bed and threw his hands up. "Pretty much."

Niall sat down next to him. "Wow. That asshole. I can't believe people always do that to you. He's obviously one of those guys who thinks he can say and do anything just because he's rich. Pathetic."

Zayn sighed. "I don't know Ni. That was the only thing he really said that was out of line. Besides saying he 'expected' me to do certain things for him, there was one thing that tells me there's possibly some good in him."

"Are you kidding me? Have you not heard? I'm not sure if the whole country is aware yet, but he is the biggest asshole in all of the state. Everyone knows him and they know about the way he has treated his employees in the past."

"And yet, everyone still wants to work for him."

"Yeah, duh. Who doesn't? He's rich and powerful."

Zayn gave him a bored look. "Listen, he told me why his last assistant was fired."

"Really? Why?"

"She was stealing money from his company. She stole three million dollars in a year."

"Wow."

"I know. But what's interesting is that he told me they had evidence that she had been putting the money in her bank account. Although they never actually found the money, it was enough to have her thrown in jail. But he let her go because she had two children."

"Your point?"

"There's a heart somewhere inside of him. This attitude that he has... It has to be apart of a shell. I can't fathom one human's entire makeup being the way he is presumed to be."

Niall didn't seem too convinced when Zayn stood up. "Okay. If you say so. But I'm still sticking with the thought that he is an asshole for saying that to you. He has no respect for you if he thinks you throw yourself at every guy you meet. And plus, he is the one who hired you anyway. He has no reason to complain at all."

Zayn cringed as he took off his skirt, revealing a pair of panties. Immediately Niall turned his head. "That's not necessarily true."

"He didn't hire you?"

He took off his underwear and quickly replaced them with boxers so that Niall didn't have to turn his head too long. "You can look now. No. Some woman named Carla did. She sort of told me about how she was depending on me to be a great assistant for him which only leads me to believe he threatened to fire her or something. She didn't tell me exactly. The thing is, I want to do my best because if he ends up unhappy with me, then he'll be unhappy with her. Which sucks because I really don't want her to lose her job. You know what I mean?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I know what you mean but it's his fault he let her hire you without an interview. Also, if he fires either of you because of the way you look, that's discrimination and I'm pretty sure you can sue him for that."