Chp. 15: A Boiling Tub with Porcelain Water

"We could invite the Carnegie's," 

The wedding had basically turned into inviting the Vanderbilt extended family, the Buckley extended family, and all of Uncle William's business partners. 

Not that Kendall minded, really, but she grew more and more nervous as people were added. 

"Eric, darling, will your sister bring her baby?" 

"Yes, she intends on bringing her husband and her son," 

"Alright. Helena, add them to the list," 

Perks of being a Vanderbilt? Especially Anne Vanderbilt's niece? The entire wedding is planned for you. All you need to do is show up, really. Kendall and Eric sat back and relaxed as guests were recorded, catering was organized, flowers picked, spaces booked, etc. Of course, they had a say in things, being it was their wedding. 

"Shall I go think of more things?" Kendall says. She had been keeping a wedding log in her journal, but mostly, it was an excuse to be alone and away from chaos. 

"Yes, please do," 

She went upstairs to her room where her journal was waiting there. She opened it, flipping through her suggestions and options. 

Daisies, white roses, or lilies? 

She sat, looking at the samples, and was pulled from her work when she heard a tapping on the window. Not that she should've been, but she gasped in surprise when she saw Spot looking in with a grin. 

"Hm, to let you in, or to not let you in?" 

"Hey, Shakespeare, I have ya shoe," 

"Aren't I just a lucky Cinderella, then," She mutters, opening the window and holding out her hand for the shoe. 

Instead, Spot hops into the room, ignoring her protests. 

"Might I remind you for the umpteenth time that my family is indeed home and able to walk in at any given moment--" 

"Saw ya brudda yesterday in the town," 

"Francis saw you!?" 

"I'll say it again, I saw him," He says. 

"You know what, I'm not certain on why I was so anxious. I do not care if anyone sees you or not," 

"And why's that?" 

"Because," She plastered a sarcastic smile onto her lips. "You are no longer my issue to worry about," 

"That so?" 

"Well, if you would leave me alone, you wouldn't be," 

"I's not sure if I want ta leave you alone or not," He was getting closer to her, her eyebrows furrowing together in confusion and disgust. 

Knock. "Dear, may I come in?" 

Eric. "Go, go," She pushes Spot into the closet. 

"Yes," 

"Rosaline tells me you are a tad stressed about all the planning," He says, taking her hand. "I want you to know that if at any time you don't feel comfortable, please inform me. I want this to be enjoyable for you," 

"It is, darling, I promise. All the chaos is unnerving, you understand?" 

"Yes, I do," He chuckled. "I was also thinking; Theresa has been telling me she has nothing to wear since the incident with losing all her clothes, and she loves your dresses. Surely, it wouldn't be a problem if she borrowed," He reached for her closet door.