1: Mr. Olson

As the alarm I set on my phone goes off I groan and roll over in bed. I am so not ready for a new school year. I finally get the courage to get out of bed and walk into my bathroom, as I look in the mirror I'm taken aback a little. My long choppy black hair is all over the place and there's leftover eyeliner smudged all over my eyes. I walk over to my shower and start it up.

When I'm done in the shower I gently dry off my hair as I try to piece together what I'm going to wear to school that day. I end up choosing a black ripped pair of skinny jeans and an over sized sweat shirt. I go back in my bathroom and blow dry my hair treating it with a shit ton of hair spray and teasing. As always I do my eyeliner thick and black, just the way my dad doesn't like it. As I trot down the stairs I catch a glimpse of my father sitting at the dining table reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. I walk into the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of Froot Loops and take a seat across from my dad. As I sit down he looks up over his newspaper at me.

"Ready for your first day of school?"

He says. I'm surprised that it wasn't anything to do with how much makeup I was wearing. I just close my eyes and sigh.

"You had to remind me that I'm going back to that prison?"

I say. He just chuckles and continues reading his newspaper. When I finish eating my Froot Loops I get up and put my dishes in the sink. I put my black Vans on and grab my backpack. As I head for the door I hear my dad say.

"Have a good day Ray!"

I smile as I close the door. Ray was my great grandfather's name that my dad insisted on naming me whether I was a boy or a girl. My mom on the other hand hated that name but was so crazy in love with my father at the time decided to name me that. When I was 4 I remember my parent's arguing got way worse than usual and my mom just left one day and I haven't seen her since... I'm 18 now.

My walk to school is pretty boring apart from listening to music and the few names I was called from the jocks passing by. When I get to school I walk to the office and get my locker number and combo and my schedule. Wow-we, I'm so pumped! Could you sense the sarcasm in that? When I finally find my locker and unload all my shit I take a chance to look at my schedule.

Homeroom - Ms. Smith

1st Math - Mr. Anderson

2nd P.E. - Miss Winchester

3rd History - Mrs. Stein

4th Spanish - Mr. Rodriguez

5th Tech Ed. - Mr. Fitz

Lunch - Cafeteria

6th Science - Mr. Olson

7th English - Mrs. Greggerson

8th Study Hall - Library

The only name I'm not familiar with on this list is Mr. Olson. I'm pretty sure he's the new teacher everyone was talking about because the last science teacher got caught smoking pot out back by the dumpsters with one of the janitors. As the first bell rings to go to homeroom I quickly slam my locker shut and make my way to Ms. Smith's room.