Chapter Six

Sirius' P.O.V

"Harry, who is that boy?" I asked at dinner.

"He's called Draco Malfoy." He answered taking a bite of his broccoli.

"I know that." I sighed taking a bit of the steak. "I meant, how do you know him?"

"He goes to my school, he's in my classes."

"But why hasn't he been here before today? Is he new?" I questioned.

"No papa." He said and pushed his plate forward to indicate he was finished eating. "He's just never really talked to me."

"Why now?"

"I don't know." He said and looked up at me. "Can I not go out with him?"

"Harry, I just want to know more about him so I know you're safe." I told him and he looked down mumbling something. "What was that?"
"He was the one who punched me." He raised his head. "He apologized though." He said and I swallowed.

"Harry, is the bully you were telling me about?" I asked and he nodded. "Harry." I groaned.

"Papa, he's really nice."

"How do you know Harry? He's your bully!"

"No! He just tells people to bully me."

"Harry, that doesn't make him nice."

"But papa-"

"Harry, I don't know if you're safe with him." I told him sternly. "How do I know he's not gonna take you somewhere and really hurt you!" I raised my voice slightly. He dropped his head.

"You don't think anyone could like me." He whispered brokenly. "You think I'm a freak too."

"Harry, don't say that." I yelled and he flinched. He was sniffling so I sighed. "Harry, come here." I said and he did. He cried into my neck and I rubbed his back to calm him down. He sniffled and lifted his face. "Harry, you're not a freak and I don't think that. I just need time to think this through."

"Okay." He whispered.

"Go finish your homework and we can talk later." I said and he nodded. He walked away from me and I sighed. I stood up and placed the plates in the sink and wiped off the table. I sat back down and decided to call in the reinforcements.

"Hello?" The gruff voice answered.

"He wants to start dating." I blurted out.

"What? Who?" Remus asked suddenly alert.

"Harry of course." I scoffed. "He wants to go on a date this Friday."

"Okay, then let him." Remus said and I gasped.

"Remus do you really think he is ready for that step? He still bloody plays with toys." I told him and he sighed.

"Sirius, think about it. He starts to date, he'll be too busy to play with his toys, he'll have a boyfriend and he'll explore new things."

"Whoa, back up. He is not exploring anything!"

"Not sex Padfoot, I meant it to be new things in life. Dating may just be the one thing he needs to stop acting so childish."

"His bully."