Chapter 8

Pic of Leah's dress up top!

"Will you stop fidgeting? You look fine."

I smoothed my hands over the silk material one last time, taking notice to how irritated Zach's voice already sounded as he pressed his lips against my ear, scolding me for trying to adjust the tight dress.

I had been dreading this night ever since Zach informed me of it over three weeks ago.

"Sorry," I mumbled out in an exacerbated breath, trying to focus on anything that wasn't how vulnerable I felt wearing this dress tonight.

The dress was undoubtedly stunning. Yet, it wasn't something that I felt very comfortable wearing out in public as it was a dress that practically begged for all eyes to devour it.

The dress hugged every curve I had tightly; and I mean tightly. The dress was close fitting, acting as a second skin of sorts, showing off my hourglass figure to perfection and leaving very little to the imagination.

It was something I would never choose to wear if I had the choice.

But I didn't.

Zach loved the attention I got from men in the dress. He would revel in the compliments and stares of jealousy that he would get from other men as they took in my curvaceous figure and slim waist.

The emerald coloring of the dress complimented my auburn hair excellently. It wasn't a slutty dress, it was simply eye catching.

And being the center of attention in the packed ballroom with hundreds of eyes on me, watching my every move was certainly not something I was too keen on being.

"Come on," Zach ordered in my ear, his breath tickling the hairs on my neck as he slipped his arm around my waist.

I fought every instinct inside of my body telling me to turn, to scream, to burn his arm off. I had to behave at these parties, even more so than I did at home.

So, as Zach pulled me along with him from person to person, introducing me to complete strangers who I assumed were of importance to his career, I swallowed every bit of anxiety that I could and slipped into the persona of the perfect girlfriend. I only spoke when spoken to, laughed at all of the right jokes, and forced myself to accept Zach's hold on me through the first hour of the party.

"These parties sure are drags but the open bar always helps move things along," one of Zach's older colleagues said as he slapped his hand against Zach's back with a jovial chuckle.

"That they do," Zach mused as he tilted the last of his beer back, his adams apple moving as he gulped down the last few ounces of alcohol in the bottle.

"Babe, you wanna get me another one?" Zach craned his head down to ask me. His deep blue eyes were a bit hazed, his lips turned up into a lazy smile as the alcohol began to take a slight affect.

"Sure," I piped up in a polite tone.

"Good girl," Zach mumbled against my skin as he pressed his lips against my temple in a rewarding kiss.

"Excuse me, gentleman." I nodded kindly to the three men standing with Zach and gave them a smile before turning on my heel and heading to find wherever the bar was in this massive room.

After pretending not to see blatant stares from other men in the room and ignoring the foul comments tossed my way under strangers breaths, I was far past grateful when I finally made it to the bar. My head drooped and I felt drained from the scathing walk up to the bar. My mind was sore as well as my feet and I just wanted to crawl into my bed at home and sleep away this entire exhausting night.