Chapter 3 : Hues of Past

Zia Stephanie's POV

Zia Stephanie's POV

I gazed towards the sun-drenched angelic beach. The sunlight was glittering on every grain of sand, the beach was idyllic, white, and fresh. I smiled the moment I saw the beautiful, big blue ocean's waves crashing against the cliffs as I watched the seagulls joyfully flew around in circles in the air. The warm, golden sand ran between my toes with the gentle breeze. As I walked along, I found gorgeous, shiny shells that have been washed into the shore by the rippling of the water.

The waves were crashing against my skin as the sun was setting. I could hear people laughing, embracing the sunset. I gazed towards the sand that squished slowly through my toes as I gaily walked down the shoreline of the Redrmur's coast. I bent a little every time I picked up the small dashing shells. The weather at the beach pierced through my skin, quarrelling of all places in the world.

I sat engrossed as I allowed the foamy mist from the rampant ocean sprayed my face lightly as thought it was the touch of a feather. Off in the distance, I could see the sun which begun to set in a sleepy unhurried fashion. It was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen. The colors swiveled together in a muddled mass across the sky. Crash! Flash! The sky turned wild.

"Brent! Brent!" I yelled as I called his name, running towards him. The beach's waves were of many colors, sizes and sounds that make noises like a 'crash' noise. The colors of the waves of the beach were like a colorful rainbow just coming out from the mountain of happiness. "Look at these!" I said as I reached him.

He looked at me, furrowing my brows. "I don't like them," he said. The corner of my lips formed into a frown, pressing my lips tighter to fight the urge to cry.

I wiped the mixture of sweat and water from the ocean from my face and asked, "Aren't they beautiful?"

He sniffled as we walked towards the rocky floor at the white beach. I gazed towards his straight long scar on his arm. "Where did you get these?" he asked, cracking his knuckles while averting his gaze straight ahead.

"Along the shoreline?" I said as I pointed the seashore. The corner of my eyes caught the colors of the waves. Red was when candy will in an instant spread throughout the whole big yellow beach. Blue was when big, fat and amazing blue dolphins showed up as blue shades appeared in the sky.

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked while soothing, gentle sea breeze rustled through my hair, making me tucked it, leaving stands of sands into my face. "Look at me, Brent!"

"They were still at the tent house," he uttered, eyes beamed with happiness. I creased my brows while following his gaze. I could see the large cruise ships on the worlds edge and the small boats swinging as they were kissed by the cold breeze. Empty crisp wrappers, chocolate wrappers, ice cream papers and half eaten cones scattered the yellow sand.

"What are you looking at?" I raised a question, still searching towards the crowd. Young children stumbled onto the moist sand, with small buckets and spades in their hands, they shouted and talked in excitement.